Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: om on ubuntu/kubuntu

  1. #21
    Constant Bitrate chronoglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    141
    maybe i've misspoken

    the machine has sound, i can listen to mp3's.. but in OM from the main menu, I tap the music button.. and get nothing.

    I have yet to actually see the new music skin in person
    ---------
    I'll do the bumbling, and i'll be the idiot.
    if you've got a "stupid" question, search for some of mine!

  2. #22
    Newbie paddydazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    how to install OM

    Hey guys..
    Ive got my carPC loaded with ubuntu 9.10.
    Now I need to install OM..
    Ive downloaded the bin file..
    But heres the Question How do i install it onto ubuntu..
    Thanks in advance..

  3. #23
    Newbie paddydazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    I just got it but already getting a mono error..
    Help...

  4. #24
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoglass View Post
    maybe i've misspoken

    the machine has sound, i can listen to mp3's.. but in OM from the main menu, I tap the music button.. and get nothing.

    I have yet to actually see the new music skin in person
    Like I said...you need the managed interface for gstreamer. Being able to play music on your system doesn't mean OM is able to access gstreamer. If OM can't access the audio subsystem then its not going to let you access music. I posted the link but if you need more info let me know...

    Quote Originally Posted by paddydazzer View Post
    Hey guys..
    Ive got my carPC loaded with ubuntu 9.10.
    Now I need to install OM..
    Ive downloaded the bin file..
    But heres the Question How do i install it onto ubuntu..
    Thanks in advance..
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9113308AAD93w9

    Ubuntu 9.10 is over a year old....10.04 or higher are the currently supported versions.

    Quote Originally Posted by paddydazzer View Post
    I just got it but already getting a mono error..
    Help...
    Its not working posts won't get very far.... if you have an error you need to post it.

  5. #25
    Newbie paddydazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks for the reply bud I will post the error tomarrow..
    Have just won a battle with getting the touchscreen to work.. And this is next..

  6. #26
    Constant Bitrate chronoglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    Like I said...you need the managed interface for gstreamer. Being able to play music on your system doesn't mean OM is able to access gstreamer. If OM can't access the audio subsystem then its not going to let you access music. I posted the link but if you need more info let me know...
    I downloaded, compiled and installed it per the instructions on the site with no change.
    even tried to reinstall OM after the install to be sure.

    I swear i am reading every post you make with the utmost care and following the steps as closely as possible. it's just like the linplayer plugin isn't loading. I don't have the option to add it when i long press on the main menu. the button it's self is only there because it's in the default skin.
    ---------
    I'll do the bumbling, and i'll be the idiot.
    if you've got a "stupid" question, search for some of mine!

  7. #27
    Constant Bitrate chronoglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by paddydazzer View Post
    I just got it but already getting a mono error..
    Help...
    you name it, i've probably seen it. and it's possibly in this thread somewhere! ha ha.
    ---------
    I'll do the bumbling, and i'll be the idiot.
    if you've got a "stupid" question, search for some of mine!

  8. #28
    Constant Bitrate chronoglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    141
    So for the sake of argument, i've searched for the 2 files referencing gstreamer in my gstreamer install dir and put them in the OM plugins dir (overwriting the ones that get put there in the trunk installs.) and am getting a new error

    WARNING **: Error parsing <unknown>: Error on line 5 char 36: 'libgstapp-0.10.dll"' is not a valid name: '"'
    ---------
    I'll do the bumbling, and i'll be the idiot.
    if you've got a "stupid" question, search for some of mine!

  9. #29
    Newbie paddydazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    OM installation error

    Hey guys...
    Heres the error Iam getting when I try to install Om....
    ################################################## ######

    Error running sudo mono '/opt/openMobile/Tools/Openinstaller.exe' .install ;
    **(/opt/openMobile/Tools/Openinstaller.exe:1585) WARNING
    **: The following assembly referenced from /opt/openMobile/Tools/Openinstaller.exe could not be loaded:
    Assembly: System.Windows.Forms (assemblyref index=1)
    Version: 2.0.0.0
    Public Key b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH
    environment variable, or in the location executing assembly (/opt/openMobile/Tools/Openinstaller.exe).

    **(/opt/openMobile/Tools/Openinstaller.exe:1585): WARNING
    **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral.
    PublicKeyToken= b77a5c561934e089 or one of its dependencies.

    Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral.
    PublicKeyToken= b77a5c561934e089 or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken= b77a5c561934e089'

    ################################################## ##########

    Any ideas and help would be great
    Thanks in advance...

  10. #30
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoglass View Post
    I downloaded, compiled and installed it per the instructions on the site with no change.
    even tried to reinstall OM after the install to be sure.

    I swear i am reading every post you make with the utmost care and following the steps as closely as possible. it's just like the linplayer plugin isn't loading. I don't have the option to add it when i long press on the main menu. the button it's self is only there because it's in the default skin.
    My apologies then...i'm so used to people on these forums asking questions without reading its becoming a habit to ask twice. Is it safe to assume the NewMedia.dll skin file is present as well as the OMLinPlayer.dll plugin? I've seen some cases where everything doesn't install due to a mono bug (fixed upstream just waiting for ubuntu to update to something thats actually stable).

    Quote Originally Posted by chronoglass View Post
    So for the sake of argument, i've searched for the 2 files referencing gstreamer in my gstreamer install dir and put them in the OM plugins dir (overwriting the ones that get put there in the trunk installs.) and am getting a new error

    WARNING **: Error parsing <unknown>: Error on line 5 char 36: 'libgstapp-0.10.dll"' is not a valid name: '"'
    Theres a gstreamer-sharp.dll.config file that needs to get copied too. Ugh i'm really starting to consider just writing this myself-this library is such a PITA.

    What happens when you run the following:
    ldconfig -p |grep gstreamersharp
    Quote Originally Posted by paddydazzer View Post
    Hey guys...
    Heres the error Iam getting when I try to install Om....
    Thanks in advance...
    Required Package Missing: libmono-winforms2.0-cil

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Om + pandaboard + ubuntu
    By Punky in forum OpenMobile
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 04:22 AM
  2. om on the igep
    By tripzero in forum OpenMobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
  3. Should I move from cf to om?
    By TheGuv in forum OpenMobile
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
  4. OM won't run
    By my87ss in forum OpenMobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 04:24 AM
  5. OM Install help and a couple other Qs
    By Squirtez in forum OpenMobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 03:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •