Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Some problem with a test plug in

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Borte View Post
    Yes the problem has to be with your compiler/setup.
    I'm using VS 2008 Pro
    ok thanks. Do you have any suggestion about what I can try? There is any particular setting on compiler which can give this kind of problem?
    I was also interested to try Mono framework. Could that fix these kind of problems?

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_p View Post
    ok thanks. Do you have any suggestion about what I can try? There is any particular setting on compiler which can give this kind of problem?
    Could you try to download a newer version of your compiler. At least 2008 or newer? I don't know if this will help as I'm kinda lost on this one but it would at least be something to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by martin_p View Post
    I was also interested to try Mono framework. Could that fix these kind of problems?
    As far as I know Mono will not do anything useful on windows as this is a framework for supporting .Net on other operating systems, but I might be incorrect on this. JustChat should be able to better answer this.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  3. #13
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    You could also compile on Mono just fine (on windows, linux or OSX). I had a few people test that sample without problems...so its either the compiler, the references, the folder you place the compiled plugin (which i dont think it is if the plugin you downloaded worked) or a 32/64bit issue (it should be set to AnyCPU, if its set to x86 or x64 and thats not the platform your running, the plugin wont load).

    edit:
    also double check that there are no errors or warnings when you compile and that you include references to OpenMobile.Framework.dll and OpenMobile.Graphics.dll

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    You could also compile on Mono just fine (on windows, linux or OSX). I had a few people test that sample without problems...so its either the compiler, the references, the folder you place the compiled plugin (which i dont think it is if the plugin you downloaded worked) or a 32/64bit issue (it should be set to AnyCPU, if its set to x86 or x64 and thats not the platform your running, the plugin wont load).

    edit:
    also double check that there are no errors or warnings when you compile and that you include references to OpenMobile.Framework.dll and OpenMobile.Graphics.dll
    I compiled with VSC# 2010 and didn't work.
    Then I changed the destination framework.NET from 4 to 3.5 and now seems it works. Cannot say why.

  5. #15
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_p View Post
    I compiled with VSC# 2010 and didn't work.
    Then I changed the destination framework.NET from 4 to 3.5 and now seems it works. Cannot say why.
    As far as I know we have not compiled OM against .net 4 yet. Only been tested with .Net 2 and 3.5 which both work fine(target framework is still 3.5 though). Maybe there is something in .Net 4 that doesn't play nicely with OM when compiling, but this will only be a guess until we move to .Net 4 in the dev environment.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  6. #16
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    openMobile is a .Net 3.5 application and .Net is not forward compatible. Which means .Net 4.0 plugins will not work in a .Net 3.5 application.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 07 Chrysler 300 Limited - In Dash PC
    By BCasey in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
  2. Sheeva Plug
    By optikalefx in forum Mp3Car Blog Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 11:43 AM
  4. BU-303 problem (software related)
    By blazinlow in forum GPS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:59 AM
  5. How to test a Sproggy 2.7
    By dug1967 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •