Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: OM Vs. CF Comparison List.

  1. #1
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603

    OM Vs. CF Comparison List.

    MEDIA PLAYER [OM]
    SAT [OM]
    HD RADIO [OM]
    AM/FM RADIO [OM]
    10-BAND EQUALIZER
    FULL MIXER CONTROL
    BUILT-IN UPDATER
    BLUETOOTH HANDSFREE
    GPS NAVIGATION
    WEB BROWSER
    WEATHER [OM]
    EMAIL CLIENT
    VOICE CONTROL [OM]
    TEXT-TO-SPEECH [OM]
    DVD PLAYER [OM]
    OBD-II ENGINE DIAGNOSTICS
    MP3 PLAYER SUPPORT [OM]
    IPOD SUPPORT [OM]
    MULTIPLE MEDIA ZONES [OM]
    REAR CAMERA

    Now here is stuff I would love to see as far as plugins.
    TIRE PRESSURE PLUGIN
    FUEL PRICES
    GOOGLE SEARCH AND ROUTING
    GOOGLE TRAFFIC
    SHOUTCAST
    UAS [OM]
    USB RELAY

    Ive checked off what I know OM has, but what about the rest not checked.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  2. #2
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    OM also has voice control, text to speech, dvd player, mp3 player support, iPod support (which cf does NOT have - the fact that they list it is very misleading) and rear camera

    0.9 adds mixer control, dab/dab+ radio, built in updater and built in app store. In the works (eta unknown) are email, obdii, garmin navigation, web browser and facebook.

    lambospirit has also just ported his skype plugin and I believe will be porting bluetooth next.

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate knownchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    141
    Im sorry for the noob question, but what is om and where can i get it?
    Never accept STOCK equipment.

  4. #4
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,144
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate knownchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    Thanks malcom
    Never accept STOCK equipment.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    712
    I cant wait til OM 0.9, the updates seem to be really good ones. Question, im still using wxp sp3 on my system. Would win7 make OM run better? Because I cant use voice with xp. the only reason I still have xp is to use sd2 for navigation. I want to use navigation in OM, but not sure about paying 100 for GM and then something changes. Been down that road with other frontends.

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate knownchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    I cant wait til OM 0.9, the updates seem to be really good ones. Question, im still using wxp sp3 on my system. Would win7 make OM run better? Because I cant use voice with xp. the only reason I still have xp is to use sd2 for navigation. I want to use navigation in OM, but not sure about paying 100 for GM and then something changes. Been down that road with other frontends.
    not working in win 7 64bit, it crashes (even when ran in compatibility mode)
    For me anyways.
    Never accept STOCK equipment.

  9. #9
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by knownchild View Post
    not working in win 7 64bit, it crashes (even when ran in compatibility mode)
    For me anyways.
    99% of the time its because you don't have proper video card drivers installed. Install them from the manufacturers website not the ones from windows update (Microsoft intentionally breaks opengl support).

    win 7 64bit is supported and heavily tested

  10. #10
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    OM also has voice control, text to speech, dvd player, mp3 player support, iPod support (which cf does NOT have - the fact that they list it is very misleading) and rear camera

    0.9 adds mixer control, dab/dab+ radio, built in updater and built in app store. In the works (eta unknown) are email, obdii, garmin navigation, web browser and facebook.

    lambospirit has also just ported his skype plugin and I believe will be porting bluetooth next.
    OK, I updated my list. Now why are you going to use Garmin PC when its now discontinued? There will be no more updated from Garmin for it. I read it on the CF forums because everyone is discussing it as alternatives for Destinator and that came up.

    Well, them listing multizone is also misleading, lol because its dual zone right now. Still I just want to compare what they list.

    The NAV aspect, and BT is very important. So what about the rest of the list, any plans on those, or is that something Wolfgang would have to do. I think he made the RR and CF plugin for TPMS.

    Also:
    GOOGLE SEARCH AND ROUTING
    GOOGLE TRAFFIC
    SHOUTCAST
    USB RELAY

    I agree with cusomaudioman, I dont want to throw down money for something that is going to be discontinued. Its bad enough I bought CF with Destinator in place, but what I like is I can use any other NAV with CF.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. System Metric Values
    By ssteger in forum VaultWiki
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
  2. Centrafuse 2.0 RC2
    By Ogold007 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM
  3. stuck on 'verifying dmi pool data' booting from a CF card
    By dyne in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
  4. CF 1.4 skin for CF 1.2
    By superbowl in forum CF Skins
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 04:19 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •