Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Which OS should i use?

  1. #31
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerian View Post
    would you say sygic is worth going with then since i am a UK'er

    thanks for the useful reply
    bump

  2. #32
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    129
    bump

  3. #33
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    I am guessing no one can respond because they dont use it?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  4. #34
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    129
    do you know of any other navs that you can get to mute the music when voice navigation is spoken?

  5. #35
    Maximum Bitrate Injector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    I am guessing no one can respond because they dont use it?
    that's the main reason why i don't use centrafuse, because it won't pause the music and switch screens when IGuidance gives directions

  6. #36
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Injector View Post
    that's the main reason why i don't use centrafuse, because it won't pause the music and switch screens when IGuidance gives directions
    what FE do you use?

  7. #37
    Maximum Bitrate Injector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Posts
    525
    RR (RoadRunner)

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate Spawn12336's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by m109ner View Post
    subscribe
    That just means he is watching this thread for any developments

    I've used all major frontends and navigation apps. Currently I am using CF, used RR for almost 3 years, and Frodoplayer prior to that. As for the nav apps, sygic's biggest benefit is fairly minimal cpu usage as compared to iGO8 and the fact that it is not resistant to being resized. iGO has a better interface (forget the changes that I made, I mean on a base level), larger POI database included, topography (of sorts), ability to tilt/zoom/rotate the map display.

    iGO does have one rather significant drawback in that the developer won't acknowledge that the app even exists, so there is 0 chance for any support.
    "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

  9. #39
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Injector View Post
    that's the main reason why i don't use centrafuse, because it won't pause the music and switch screens when IGuidance gives directions
    The new version of Tidder's iGPlugin for CarPal does that

    (I had to throw that in there)
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

  10. #40
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by malcom2073 View Post
    The new version of Tidder's iGPlugin for CarPal does that

    (I had to throw that in there)
    It will also fade out/in the music instead of pausing it if you use another plugin that I wrote along with it.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what os best for Dell GX150 carpc
    By adamopel in forum Operating System Optimization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 04:11 PM
  2. Review: Windows Vista as an OS choice?
    By Splash-X in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 11:58 AM
  3. USB Thumbstick Embedded OS?
    By hydraulix in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 08:45 PM
  4. The Os and The Car
    By SjLucky in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 02:09 PM
  5. A few observations in OS and why I'm now using Windows 2003...
    By Mastiff in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 09:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •