So I made the leap to Windows 7. It's been nice, fast, very responsive. However...I have one issue...and it's a big one I'm hoping someone else here can chime in and give some ideas I've not thought of.
It boots up very fast. Everything works as planned with the exception of the touchscreen stops working after about 5 minutes. Completely stops working. Every once in awhile I can get it to work again by plugging in and unplugging a usb device to the front hub. Most of the time that doesn't work though.
I've disabled all powersaving garbage. Checked each USB hub, root, and device listed in device manager and disabled any powersaving through that as well. The front hub is a powered hub, and this was never an issue with XP...so it's definately something in w7 that's causing it.
I'm going to re-install all of it in the next couple days to see if I can "fix" it with a re-installation but I'm not too confident that it will solve anything. Any ideas? (besides the usual "go back to XP" )
correct - the touchpad itself stops functioning as if you've simply unplugged it. I know the connections are good since I've got the same hub powering a GPS receiver as well as a USB drive. The hub itself is powered as well.
It's very strange, because if I go back to XP the issue doesn't happen. I've also tried a couple different versions of drivers for the touchscreen and have the same result.
I'm currently re-installing everything to see if I can duplicate it across a 2nd install and if it happens I'll have a mouse handy so that I can check the device manager. I hadn't checked that, but at first guess it would be there since there is no sound that the device had been unplugged when I get the sounds from plugging in and unplugging other devices on the same hub.
ok... blew everything away and did a complete re-install of everything and now it works as it should. Strange...as I didn't do anything different than what I did last time
I just have an odd problem with apps not embedding correctly it seems. I haven't searched on it yet, but what happens is say I click Garmin, it loads, but RR stays in the background and the only way to get RR back on top is to minimize Garmin and then RR will put it in it's place. More of an annoyance than anything at this point.
Check my worklog:
Corsa + Atom + Gentoo Linux + 9" capacitive touchscreen
Lord of the boards: DFI CP100-NRM
"Or you can try Ubuntu, but than don't tell everyone you are using linux,
because it's just a secret unreleased prebeta of Windows 3829" :P
sad but true. I just didn't want to since I had just re-installed everything with W7 just 2 weeks before
Now the only issue I have is with drivers for my OBDPro, but I've got some from FTDI directly so I'll be installing those probably tomorrow for some OBD goodness.