See this sub-forum: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/operating-system-optimization/
I'm about to format my CarPC hard disk, and reinstall everything from scratch!
My intention is to improve boot times, don't care too much about footprint.
Here are my basic system specs:
- Shuttle FS51 mainboard (SiS 651B Chipset)
- Intel Celeron 2.4GHz
- 786MB DDR333 RAM
- Hitachi Travlerstar 40G 5400RPM 2.5
I plan to partition it this way:
Drive C - Operating System (2GB, or more if needed)
Drive D - MP3s and Media (38GB)
I intend to do the following:
- Harsh XPLite tweaking (you can always restore removed components)
- Drive and Service tweaking
- Registry tweaks
- Shell Replacement
Do you think I should install
1. nLite - does it provide anything XPLite can't do?
2. MinLogon - anything downsides I should consider (except Ctrl+Alt+Del, fixed by Frodo's service?)
3. EWF - does it benefit people which use a hard drive?
I did an quite extensive search in the forum, have I forgotten anything?
My bad... Brady, thanks for moving the thread.
Can any of your give me some advice please?
By the way, I have never seen a comparison of nLite vs. XPLite, has anyone used both?
[One month later...]
I gave up nLite!
Do you think I should install MinLogon or EWF?
EWF won't do you any good if you're using a hard drive
go with minlogon
have bought toyota ist with an installed.The model is nhct-w54 nasi-os and it is all in japanese language.
Can anyone help me find an english language manual
Help is much appreciated