This space reserved for future posts.
This thread is for requested services for OSDash. Posting an idea or a request here does NOT mean it will be developed or included in the OSDash services! The intent is to give users a single spot to post ideas that developers may not have thought of.
I'll try to keep this post up to date with a summary of the requests. If you are a developer and looking for a way to get involved, take a look at the list and see if there's a service you'd like to add.
Following are ideas from the Genesis thread:
* Status (online or offline). Status - proposed by kev000
* Artist information. Status - proposed by Nextabyte_Matt
* Map search. Status - proposed by Nextabyte_Matt
* Proximity control (online settings control for the Proximity app). Status - proposed by kev000
* OBDII statistics upload
* Crowd source traffic
* Weather, ie provided by government sites can be used
* Car settings/user preferences
* Media sync'ing
* Online Playlist management. Status - proposed by just_chat
* Music Sync Services. Status - proposed by Nextabyte_Matt
* Vin and DTC lookup. Status - Proposed by just_chat
* Online FE configuration - web based settings management. Status: mp3car to write
* Notification service
* Login service
Not sure if this is possible, but maybe a service that uses the Garmin Communicator Plugin API to get information or whatever it does.
One word trapster.
We get enough people with GPS and an internet connection in their car, and speeding tickets will be history.
They appear to have apps for every major smart phone on the market, but their web interface doesn't appear to work with GPS.
I've just looked at it online and it appears pretty accurate. The problem is we have speed and redlight cameras at most intersections now, so essentially there is fuzz at every intersection.