Hi... i've tested this frontend... really cool! However, here some bugs/missed functions i've found:
1) When starting cAVE (or choosing the audio form), my soundcard goes muting and the volume set to 0. There's no way to make it enabled and set the volume to max from whitin cAVE. I've got an integrated Realtek audio board.
2) Is possible to view pictures in fullscreen? That miniature is so litte :) ...
3) Is posiible to seek videos or manage its audio, when in fullscreen?
Tnx for making your job available for the community.
PS: My Frontend is @ 20% right now, i'll post some screens soon!!!
Originally Posted by baddemon
For radio or other audio-inputs, cAVe needs line-inputs from windows-mixer to control. All newer soundcards are different and the channels could not automatical controled. So we made a mixer-setup to set the cAVe-mixer to windows-mixer and backwards.
You should do the following steps:
1) open cAVe setup and there mixer-page , also open windows-mixer so that you have a look at both at same time.
2) look on cAVe-mixer which are the labeled controls such as "master". So you see, cAVe will have control on master of windows-mixer. You have to pull at windows "master"-slider (name could there be different because of the different soundcards and languages) . If you pull the slider you have a look on right bottom edge of cAVe-mixer and there will be shown an ID-number.
3) This number you have to set in the field above the labeld "master" in cAVe-mixer.
4) Under the labeled "master" there are shown all the possible lines of YOUR soundcard (could be different on other computers). There you have to set the point to ...its easy...to "master" . Now first channel is ready.
5) next in little steps: pull windows "wave"-channel , look on ID-number, set the ID-number above the labeled "wave" in cAVe, set the point to "wave" and so on with the other channels.
6) dont forget to save in cAVe-setup
You can test it:
1) start cAVe and open same time windows-mixer
2) go to audiomenu and there to mixer-menu (button right from little visualisation)
3) pull at the sliders and compare with windows-mixer slider. The same named should work parallel.
4) Test the other way, pull at windows-slider and look at cAVe sliders.
5) If there a channel isnt working, go to cAVe setup and look there for the problem.No ID should be the same, no point should be at same named control.
Its a procedure to setup, but you need only to make once. The good thing at all is, that the newest soundcards such like USB 5.1 and so on will send IDs and it will work.For example: If there where no microphone channels on soundcard but there where two lines such AUX1 and AUX2 you can do it. It will work as you pull on windows-mixer , take the ID and set it to the labeled cAVe-mic-channel. Is it clearly ?
The way of sound is in the last example:
1)cAVe-setup-Radio-page: is radio input on example set to mic
2)on cAVe-setup-mixer-page: labeled mic cannel has the ID from AUX1
3)if you play with radio in cAVe , so cAVe will mute or volume control the AUX1 where you have put the external radio as input in.
"2)" you must click on the images , its a preview, the same with videos
you can also start with one foto by click, set slideshow on and then by click on preview in fullscreen.
"3)" manage audio from video can we done with shortcuts or inputdevices which support shortcuts. Seeking Video is in cAVe at this time only with videoslider possible... be possible, that we implementate it to button-hold on next or/and with shortcuts. The other way to hold control of buttons, that you set in cAVe setup as "WindowMode". There you can see videopanel between above and bottom buttons as our default-settings. The window-bounds are set in live.ini and there you can make your own deffinition.
is there support for Iguidance?
Thanks for your tests. The multifunction of some buttons are already built in.
Originally Posted by swift_gti
Some functions are set on labels, to reduce buttons. Its hard, if you want to give the functionallity to user but no space to give control. Also the controls from users are so different like powermate,touchscreen, space-navigator, remote-control,mouse, keyboard...
The first availlable *.jpg in albumfolder will be shown as little cover. A click made it to fullscreen for a look.
The "Search"-button leftside of list is to scan an actually selected folder within subfolders to audiofiles and list them up.
Then for example you can touch the "shuffle" button (leftside upper button of list) to mix the entries of the list. You see actually the result. Its not the most in other implemented shuffle-function. You can mix so often you wish.
If you touch a track of this list, then you except the new playlist.
Otherwise you touch no track you can out of all listworking back to the actually playinglist with a click on the ID3 Album Label. Try this out ! :dance:
The actually playing list is in memory until the user touch in another exploring or shuffled or searching list a track. In the background the playing list will work hishelf. Ahhhrg my bad bad english, sorry...hope you understand it...
Is this a navigation software ? You can setup the .exe of the external navigation-software in GPS-menu. The implemented GPS-Programms there are only discribed with the paths. You can set your own GPS-Programm under noname or under one of the others default there. It was only the simplify to give the most wanted GPS Programs in there with Path, no more separate function.
Originally Posted by tn6478
Test it out , normally if all works, the Application will start with GPS-button in cave. Also a little cAVe-bar will start so that you can control audio. With the X it should terminate your GPS-Software and cAVe goes to mainmenu.
With the "home" button you GPS is still on but you come also to mainmenu.
The bar can be fix at above,bottom, flying with save the last position, depending what you have set in in cAVe setup.
If there is a problem with a special GPS-programm, tell me.
Also is this program able to run .flv files and .rm files. Is video able to go to full screen automatically after a couple of sec or do I have to click on the screen. I change all the icon in the front and even the splash screen to my car logo. Easy to configure and what kind of media player is being use to control. Will there me implementation of visual like using Milkdrop in Winamp for visual. this kind of remind me of Mobile Media Center. Also as for phone can picture be added to the caller. I want to know what kind of media player is being use so I can implement my salling clicker software to control the program.
Thanks for your reply, I have been testing again today and I'm really excited about this frontend.
Originally Posted by bluescreen25
A few things I hope you can answer.. :D
When no music is playing and I am browsing music at the root folder (eg. C:\Music) Is it possible to make the 'Shuffle' button load all tracks from folders and mix them ? at the moment shuffle only works if I am browsing inside a folder where I can see the music files.
Is it possible to turn off modules from the home screen (eg. I don't use Relays & Radio.. so can I remove those buttons ?
You said album art is used, but it only appears when the track is playing.. can I view albums using cover art instead of the folder names ? (using the folder.jpg in each music folder)
And lastly, is there a skin editor available? I'd like to have a go at modifying/creating some skins.
Thanks for your work! :peace:
Originally Posted by swift_gti
You have to edit the ini file if u want to take away the buttons. I edited the whole thing =) how fun aint it.
Question what does this mean and you translate it
zeit seit anrufannahme
'Time since last call' I think... is that from the phone module?