LinuxICE the In Car Entertainment Operating System: Beta1
What? An operating system designed for the CarPC? Sound too good to be true? Well it isn't! LinuxICE is a full featured CarPC operating system designed specifically for Car Entertainment. At only 276MB, LinuxICE aims to include all the things you would need in a CarPC and nothing* you don't want.
Latest Version: Beta1 (Jan 5, 2008)
- Free Open Source
- Customized Desktop designed for touchscreens
- Built-in Frontend application (nGhost Media Center)
- Integrated Desktop with icepanel a server, carpc specific panel.
- Uses Ubuntu Linux and LinuxICE software repositories to give you access to thousands of useful and free applications and updates
- LiveCD with Installer - run it without installing it, or install it easily if you want it.
- Built in drivers for touchscreens, gps devices, motherboards and many other components.
nGhost Media Center:
Find more info at the LinuxICE website where you can find more info and screenshots.
LinuxICE, where CarPCs are going...