Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Nitro frontend is now in beta test

  1. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    I finally got around to trying this on my desktop, and I love it. Will try it on my car soon.
    It's clean and it's simple!

    The only thing I'd like to see changed is to keep the 'Back' button visible at all times, and always in the same place. It's a little weird to drill into the settings menus, for example, navigate the menus, tweak things, descend, tweak, back out, etc, etc. And then it's a surprise when tapping in that spot doesn't take you backward. For the final step back, you have to tap the Home button in the opposite corner of the screen.

    And the Phone module and the music-nav screens have back buttons that are positioned to the right of where the Settings module has the back button. If you could reserve a corner for the back button in all modules/screens (except the main screen), that would be great.
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't notice your post.

    Thank you for the appreciations.
    The back button is always in the same place respect to the navigation area. In the Phone application you see it moved to the right because the left bar allows to what to show, including the view that has navigation. It may be slightly more accessible to have it always in the same place no matter what but i think that it's more intuitive if it's inside the context where it is used.
    The concept of the home button is different to the back button. The home button exits the application and brings you to the main menu with 1 touch. The back button navigates backwards in a navigation page.
    This works like in iOS, what you suggest works more like a Windows Phone or Android os. It's valid solution too, I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

  2. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sackarou View Post
    Just downloaded and am really impressed. Question... I have mapfactor navigator free installed but when I click for that plugin in your front end it says "unable to find navigator.exe in default path" Can you tell me where the default path is so I can move the executable? Also, I second the request for color change options. I have a F-150 so ford blue would be awesome! Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Uh, i didn't notice your post too. Maybe because it had beed moderated so it was actually posted later?

    Nitro searches for Mapfactor PC Navigator in these locations:
    Program Files\Navigator11\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe
    Program Files\Navigator10\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe
    Program Files (x86)\Navigator11\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe
    Program Files (x86)\Navigator10\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe

  3. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Happy New Year to everybody!
    I have a new beta release for you, these are the changes:

    Code:
    0.1.3.0
    - Fixed crash on systems using german language
    - Fixed some rare problems using playlists
    - Added accent color configuration
    - Added Sygic Drive support
    You can update directly from Nitro or download the new setup from the website.

  4. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33
    Looks stuning and really clean the only thing im missing here is reverse cam + pdc sensors http://www.mp3car.com/hardware-devel...y-pdc-usb.html

    Thinking about adding that ?

  5. #25
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by lugi View Post
    Looks stuning and really clean the only thing im missing here is reverse cam + pdc sensors http://www.mp3car.com/hardware-devel...y-pdc-usb.html

    Thinking about adding that ?
    Right now i'm working on th SDK, i want to make everybody able to easily develop new plugins. I have no plans to develop Cam / Pdc at the moment because i'll need to concentrate on the frontend core to make sure it's stable enough, so i don't want to give false ETAs...

  6. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    I really like your front end. It's so clean and simple.
    I've been looking for a front end for a while to exchange my windows ce gps box for a real car pc.
    It's nice that you have added sygic drive support, but the available navigation software for windows still isn't great in comparison with the windows ce 6 navigation like navigon.

    On what platform have you developed this application?
    A port to linux with arm support would be great. This way you can run the application on cheap boxes like the new raspberry pi.

    Oh and in the settings menu argument is misspelled. it says 'argouments' or something like that.
    I could also make a dutch translation if you like.

    anyway, Keep up the good work!

  7. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    30
    Hi
    I downloaded your free version - looks great
    I can't seem to configure navigation program? Theres no icon on the desktop or option in setttings. How do I set that up??
    Does it support GMPC or sygic? Also does it have an audio mute option when GPS gives directions?

    thanls

  8. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by zynex View Post
    I really like your front end. It's so clean and simple.
    I've been looking for a front end for a while to exchange my windows ce gps box for a real car pc.
    It's nice that you have added sygic drive support, but the available navigation software for windows still isn't great in comparison with the windows ce 6 navigation like navigon.

    On what platform have you developed this application?
    A port to linux with arm support would be great. This way you can run the application on cheap boxes like the new raspberry pi.

    Oh and in the settings menu argument is misspelled. it says 'argouments' or something like that.
    I could also make a dutch translation if you like.

    anyway, Keep up the good work!
    Thank you!

    Nitro is developed on Windows and uses some libraries which are not available on Linux so it's not possible to port it. But this is by design, i felt it was a better idea to use an OS which has the drivers for any peripheral and it's the same for every user instead of linux that is probably missing support for some hardware and may behave differently depending on the distro.

    I have to decide what to do about the translations, I think i'll probably translate it in some languages and possibly allow the user to edit them.

  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    Hi
    I downloaded your free version - looks great
    I can't seem to configure navigation program? Theres no icon on the desktop or option in setttings. How do I set that up??
    Does it support GMPC or sygic? Also does it have an audio mute option when GPS gives directions?
    Nitro automatically adds an icon to the menu when it detects a supported navigation software.
    GMPC is not supported as i could not get a license to test it.
    Sygic should work fine, it is searched on the following paths:
    Program files\Sygic\Drive\WindowsXP\Drive.exe
    Program files (x86)\Sygic\Drive\WindowsXP\Drive.exe
    Please let me know if you version installs on a different location.

  10. #30
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by zmast View Post
    Nitro automatically adds an icon to the menu when it detects a supported navigation software.
    GMPC is not supported as i could not get a license to test it.
    Sygic should work fine, it is searched on the following paths:
    Program files\Sygic\Drive\WindowsXP\Drive.exe
    Program files (x86)\Sygic\Drive\WindowsXP\Drive.exe
    Please let me know if you version installs on a different location.
    Does it support sygic drive or sygic fleet??

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TPMS Beta Test
    By optikalefx in forum mp3Car Forum Made Product Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
  2. BETA Test....
    By guino in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 09:25 AM
  3. Pre-Beta Test Update (Beta-testers please read!)
    By GTC in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 04:02 AM
  4. Beta Test 1.6.9 Available
    By CarComp in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2002, 10:59 AM
  5. NNS MP3 Software beta test
    By Ashlawn Kemling in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2002, 12:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •