NoPiston has it pretty much covered there. I guess you are still having troubles.
I rpm --erase'd all the qt* packages,
then downloaded the source
configured it, as you did (cyber)
it built fine, then I did a make install, making sure I installed to the old $QTDIR.
By default FC2 installs to /ust/lib/qt-3-3, where as the source will build to /usr/local/qt
make sure you either change the install directory or change your QTDIR or simply copy the files from the source build area over FC2's area (basically each and every file/directory in /usr/lib/qt3-3).
This works fine, I just did the above (well a few hours ago because QT isnt the fastest thing to build).
I bet you have the plugin now, but not in the right place.
Do the following:
[daren@lewis daren]$ ls $QTDIR/plugins/sqldrivers/
libqsqlite.so libqsqlmysql.so libqsqlodbc.so libqsqlpsql.so
make sure you see libqsqlite.so, if you dont, have a look using:
find /usr -name libqsqlite.so -print
As NoPiston said, it all boils down to having the libqsqlite.so so that'll get you out of trouble.
I switched to sqlite to make sure there were no problems, its much slower than mysql, but perfectly fast enough. QT adds an enormous overhead to the database load though.
NoPiston (if your still reading this). Its much faster to have the sql written to a file, then 'run' the file with a sql load tool (sqlite will be fine). I measured 8x faster peformance doing it that way. I know what you have is convenient, but a utility that scans the disk from some media root and fast-loads the databsae is going to be worthwhile later....