why do you keep posting upside down pics? I fixed it for you see...
More news and one more view...
Im just about to update the main post with the current features, and features that will be next to come..
I've attached a screenshot of one of those features, Auxillary windows. Not quite the same thing as multiple windows (yet).
The idea is that i'll have TV-Out going to a PSONE screen behind the Stock STEREO Facia, and it will display the current track, modes, security information etc, and the 7" will only be pulled out and used when needing GPS or video etc. So what you can see is the Main window, and the Smaller OEM-Style Auxillary window docked to the right hand side of the window. THe blue section on the right is the TV out portion of my Desktop (yes screenshots capture spanning desktops when set to "extend" mode). Or, if configured differenly in the Screen XML, it will pick up the desktop dimentions and offset itself to a set position (left, right, top, bottom), which is actually better in this situation, but i did the screenshot like this to illustrate anyway.
Its also showing a "brushed" skin which i hacked together from the original skin and a brushed background i found somewhere.. if you know where its from, and its not ok to use it for now, let me know and i'll change it ASAP.
For now, adios. (check first post for features)
why do you keep posting upside down pics? I fixed it for you see...
nope, us Poms still love the old upside down jokes!Originally Posted by JaseVYS
I work with a pommy guy, and he's the funniest guy around, and ive not heard him say one thing about upside down jokes :P
new file release, V0.6, can be downloaded from Sourceforge.
Still very incomplete, but progressing steadily. Lots of little bugs and kinks to work out.. but a usable version has to be complete by next week! ahh!
Hey scouse, I wouldn't install this on your car, you live too near Wales and all the sheep will start to get excited.
Dont worry, its anti-sheep, i employ the System.Internationalization.AntiSheep class as soon as it starts.
just a small update in preparation for another release (v0.7) tomorrow.. lots has happened since the last update..
- Added Screens defined as "DropDown", which can be slid into view using the command Screen..DropDown(MainMenu)
- Added much more modular command system
- Added OnSelectCommand to Listbox interface component, which gets executed when a list item is clicked on e.g. Music..Play(Listbox.lbMusicList.SelectedValue)
- Added DataSourceCommand to Listbox interface component which is executed when the screen that the listbox resides on is shown. eg Music.lbMusicList.GetMusicList()
- Added ability for polygon buttons to accept two points which specifiy a rectangle (topleft and bottom right) instead of a complete (3 point+) polygon
- Added ToggleCommand attribute to command buttons, which is executed when they toggle-off a toggle button
- Added Slider interface object, which ties directly to a variable specified in the XML (Specified like Listbox.lbMusicList.ScrollPosition)
- Added Min & Max values to Slider Interface Object, which is used when setting the value of a Linked Variable
- Added Stereo definition class which allows the testing and power control of stereo items via Phidget Interface (see screenshot)
- Added OnShow and OnHide events to Screens internally, which will be exposed via XML attribute in a later version.
- Added 10 band Graphic EQ, controlled by 10 SliderObjects; which link to Sound.EQ.Band1Gain and so forth
- Added much improved MediaManager; media is indexed first time round and then serialized to XML where it can be modified
- Added better fatal error condition handling (check mobius.log for errors)
- Added Media View Format string to Config.xml, allowing the user to specify what tag information is displayed in the Media Browser
- Added Channel Splitting to output which ties into speaker testing.. having 3 chans, Front, Rear and Sub. Still in progress for fine tuning
- Refactored SkinManager & related classes into more logical namespace structure
- Refactored Interface Object into a better Abstracted design
- Optimised rendering loop to reduce CPU load
- Optimised individual Interface Component event behaviour
At the moment Continuous Memory usage (according to TaskManager) is ~74mb whilst playing an mp3 and ~73mb when not, CPU Usage sits around 10%-24% most of the time, which im happy with for now. Takes around 3-5 seconds to index 14GB of mp3's on a 5400rpm 2.5" HDD and extract AlbumName, Artist, Trackname. About 1-2seconds to load the index back up from XML document.
I've run this version on my SP-13000 w/ 512mb ram & Windows MCE2005 for around 9 hours with no crashing or memory usage creep. So it seems stable for now..
Ive got alot of integration work to do regarding the Phidgets and Auxillary screen, which is where i'll be headed toward next i think.
The nature of the skin definition (XML) and the Command Definition & Processing structure (CD&Ps), will mean that a skin would be able to define the nature of the application, not the other way around. You can have Listboxes displaying the data you want, as many as you want, that do what you want when you click a button or select something. The CD&Ps is continually expanding, opening new ways for components to interact with each other, and exposing more events to the interface controls, allowing them to become more interactive.
Here are some screen shots:
after clicking on the Menu button (top left) the smaller screen slides down over the stop as shown below:
This smaller dropdown screen is now the focussed screen.. the one underneath does not receive any mouseclick events
<< and >> buttons are next/previous directory. Displays Tag information if available, else the filename.
I Apologise for the centrafuse slider.. was only thing i had handy, i'll be replacing that before i release v0.7
Clicking an AMP will toggle power to that amp, clicking the speaker will output sound to that particular speaker/sub
Note: This "skin" is just a slap-together job in order to test the things i need to test.. its by no means a full representation of the quality that could be achived.
V0.7 is now complete
You can download the latest version from My Sourceforge Project, both binary and source downloads, now seperate for less confusion.
First some screenshots:
Music Player screen
Test of Application Embedding, still needs more work
10 Band Equalizer, all done via the skin, still needs work
i'll include the top part of the Mobilus.txt file included with the binary download here:
If you download it and either look at the code, or play with the app, can you post your feedback here, i am interested to see what you think. But just dont expect too much from it, its just a baby.*NOTES*
You must open <MobilusDir>\Config\Config.xml and set the MediaDirectory before you run the app
At the moment, it will only re-index the media collection when there is no <MobilusApp>\Config\Media.xml, so if you have added tracks, delete it and try again
This is what the main menu options do: (sorry for not changing the menu graphic, no time)
MUSIC - Goes to Music Player screen
STEREO - Goes to Stereo Control & Testing screen
VIDEO - Goes to 10 Band Equaliser, very beta functionality
SECURE - Nothing
GPS - Test Notepad window Embedding, still needs work
SKINS - Skin browser/changer. Little error checking in this module, tread with care.
CLOSE - Close the Dropdown
EXIT - Exit Mobilus
Pressing <SPACEBAR> at any time puts the app into Render Debug mode, showing the location of major elements on the screen. Press <SPACEBAR> again to change back to normal mode.
If you have problems, or want to know what its doing, look at <MobilusDir>\Bin\Mobilus.log after you close down Mobilus, it contains varying level of detailed log messages, mostly commands processed and major events.
You can modify the Skin.XML file by hand using a text editor (its how i've constructed it) if you wish to play with any aspect of the current skin.
Hmm, it seems to have a problem setting the default res, which is 800x600 @ 32bpp. The res should be fine, maybe your desktop doesnt support 32bpp?
Im about to upload 0.7.1 which captures errors around the Video code and outputs more useful errors.
Originally Posted by clarkie
I've uploaded a new version (0.7.1) which traps more errors during the initialisation stage, and dumps more information to the log file. If you could download it and try it again, then send me the log file, i will be able to see why its doing what it is.
the dowload link is http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=147846
Thanks for having a look too
Your 0.7.1a binary release won't run because its missing jpeg.dll (or so it says) which sdl_image.dll is trying to load.
The 0.7.1a source release seems to be missing the CustomTAO project, so I can't compile it.
jpeg.dll? Doh i must've missed it. I'll have to see what other dependancies the SDL libraries need. For now though i've attached it to this post.
I've just re-uploaded the 0.7.1a source with CustomTAO included, thanks for pointing that out
Oh, i also reuploaded the binary dist w/ jpeg.dll