Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: *Release* FrodoXM Service (Now Free!)

  1. #11
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by kembond
    Frodo will you still be releasing an ocx?

    I'm working with flash so i'm somewhat limited. Getting dll's to work are extremely difficult in flash.
    It's an activeX dll. Same thing as an ocx, except not graphical.
    Can you not use it ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  2. #12
    Raw Wave kickercivic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,031
    I will get you some money after i see how it works.

  3. #13
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    78
    No unfortunatly, I tried it out real quick. Using Zinc to make an extension for flash and it was a no go.

    How hard is it to make an ocx from what you have already done. I would be more than happy to donate more than $10 which it what you were originally going to charge, if it's not too dificult.

    The only other problem on the flash side it that as of now I cannot reconize events, I can only call methods and get/set properties.

    So if it is really dependant on events I might be out of luck anyways.

    Let me know either way Frodo, I would love to give it a go.

    "Edit"
    It would not need to be graphical at all, you would not even see it embeded.

  4. #14
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by kembond
    No unfortunatly, I tried it out real quick. Using Zinc to make an extension for flash and it was a no go.

    How hard is it to make an ocx from what you have already done. I would be more than happy to donate more than $10 which it what you were originally going to charge, if it's not too dificult.

    The only other problem on the flash side it that as of now I cannot reconize events, I can only call methods and get/set properties.

    So if it is really dependant on events I might be out of luck anyways.

    Let me know either way Frodo, I would love to give it a go.

    "Edit"
    It would not need to be graphical at all, you would not even see it embeded.

    I'm done
    Putting it in the example now.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    154
    Any plans to have FrodoSatilliteX work with this?

  6. #16
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    78
    Nice frodo!
    When your done I'll give it a go.

    Thanx, really appreciated.

  7. #17
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    240
    I'm so confused as to what this app does. I'm a user of the FrodoXM from the first release, and I am nowhere near a developer? Should I just wait until something develops out of this, or what? Like how can I get this to work??

  8. #18
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by kembond
    Nice frodo!
    When your done I'll give it a go.

    Thanx, really appreciated.
    FrodoXMClientOCX.zip

    Now, on the ocx version, you need to call "startcontrol" on it before it will
    do anything.

    The example app is updated as well

    Now show me some flash !!

    Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  9. #19
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by t00h0t
    Any plans to have FrodoSatilliteX work with this?
    It will in the next version.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  10. #20
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsDude
    I'm so confused as to what this app does. I'm a user of the FrodoXM from the first release, and I am nowhere near a developer? Should I just wait until something develops out of this, or what? Like how can I get this to work??
    If you aren't a developer, you can just wait until there are nice robust apps.
    However, the service itself is a mini-client, which you can control from the
    system tray, so you can use it that way.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Instructions on getting FREE wireless internet from T-Mobile using GPRS
    By bankingdom in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
  2. How to use your VERIZON cell for FREE internet
    By racerboy6996 in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 07:20 PM
  3. Pre-Release Thread: Frodo XM Service
    By frodobaggins in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 05:10 PM
  4. OT: Web to mail service
    By thenominous in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 11:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •