iGMod Beta 1 testing release
iGmod BETA 2 can be found here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/other-cool-stuff/59713-igmod-beta-2-release.html
What is iGmod?
iGmod is a program which attempts to replace the menus in iGuidance with new, more eye appealing menus and larger buttons for use on a touchscreen display. It also redesigns the interface of the main window for easy integration and use with frontends.
So in essence it retains all of the greatness of the actuall iGuidance application while replacing the weaker interface designed for a PDA with a more elaborite interface for a PC.
It will also feature easy instalation of a variety of iGuidance mods not directly associated with the user interface in future releases, such as map font size editing and modifying the sound files to turn down the music playing while guidance is reading directions.
Of course, you need iGuidance to run it. Ive tried it on iG 2.1 and 2.1.1, but I hear 2.0 also works.
Known minor issues in this beta release:
- Coordinates window is not skinned (who enteres destinations by coordinates anyways?)
- Speed Alert window not skinned, nor is display options or route options
- Lots of images are just blue/yellow/red round buttons, this happened when I lost art creativity to get the product complete
- No notification if you failed doing something you shouldnt be able to do, like no route to destination or detour when no destination set
- Does not yet correctly support RoadRunner http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon9.gif (First thing im fixing)
Skinning support in next beta release.
Download beta 1.1:
EDIT: Alpha 1.4 testing release can be found on page 6.
PLEASE NOTE if you have downloaded the previous buggy version, the window name of iGmod has changed to "igm" for integration in frontends.
Screenshots (with centrafuse featured as frontend):
GPS info embedding and distance to next turn zoom, featured in centrafuse 1.3:
Iguidance before skinning (for your reference)
Old threads about this:
I know there will be bugs, its not the most 100% stable thing in the world yet. Please tell me what the issue is, if you can consistantly recreate it, and what version of IG you have. Feel free to send me instant messages, my AOL screen name is comegetyourham . Hopefully a week of people testing and getting bug reports in will let me make a bugfix release out which will be much more stable.
...Anyone want to make new buttons for the POI list or anywhere else in the menus for me? I can do the up/down effect if you get me a 110x110 image to add the up/down border onto. All the current art came from various GPL clipart webpages.