Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: CarShell v2

  1. #31
    Maximum Bitrate clean customs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    Glad to know it wasn't just my PC
    Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

  2. #32
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    This would look a ton better if you simply included XPManifest. The non XP-style buttons are ugly .

    BTW: Great idea. I always wish frontends had a simpler explorer.exe. Does it handle Sys-Tray icons? For example, my DeLorme Serial Port emulator only loads up in the tray, so I can open any of it's windows unless I can right click its tray-icon and then choose an action from the right-click menu.

  3. #33
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
    This would look a ton better if you simply included XPManifest. The non XP-style buttons are ugly .

    BTW: Great idea. I always wish frontends had a simpler explorer.exe. Does it handle Sys-Tray icons? For example, my DeLorme Serial Port emulator only loads up in the tray, so I can open any of it's windows unless I can right click its tray-icon and then choose an action from the right-click menu.
    Ya, I know that it is not pretty and that it is quirky but for now I have designed it to be very utilitarianism in nature. I did not have much time to make it pretty, this version was just to get the idea rolling and play with it. I got swamped with life so I had to put this on hold, but I plan on starting a new version during winter. It does not yet have a sys tray (when run as shell), the processes still run, but as you mentioned you will not be able to access the apps functionality if it is only accessible there. You can still run it as an app on top of explorer to allow use of your sys tray, or embedded in a FE. I do plan on implementing a sys tray, someday

    I have some really big ideas for this, and I really hope I get to resume working with it soon.
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  4. #34
    Newbie MV54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    36
    Where can I d/l it from- can't find it on your homepage?

  5. #35
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    sorry i am revamping my homepage and with the holidays got distracted, I will post here again when i have it up.
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  6. #36
    Newbie MV54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    36
    No worries I found it here:
    http://www.mobile-effects.com/

    One thing though, is there any way for it to be hidden before RR is run, only there's a couple of seconds gap, and with explorer it was a black desktop, with this it is grey and really obvious. Though I suppose as I hibernate its probs no big deal.

    Also, where is the text file located? Desktop.ini so I can delete it to stop it popping up?

  7. #37
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by MV54
    One thing though, is there any way for it to be hidden before RR is run, only there's a couple of seconds gap, and with explorer it was a black desktop, with this it is grey and really obvious. Though I suppose as I hibernate its probs no big deal.
    Ya, just set startup mode to mini shell in the setup, then you will only see your desktop and the small (hardly noticible) minishell. You can also set down the opacity of the minishell, but be carful not to set it down too far because if you cant see it it will be hard to get back to the full carshell screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by MV54
    Also, where is the text file located? Desktop.ini so I can delete it to stop it popping up?
    Where is it showing up? on the desktop tab? Or is loading the file when you boot?

    If the file is appearing when you are booting up it just means that you have it in your windows startup folder. If you remove it from the startup folder it will stop loading it.
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  8. #38
    Newbie MV54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    36
    It's when I boot and it's also on the startup tab of carshell - so I'm guessing its in a startup folder only it is hidden.

    I did do a search for it (inc. hidden files) but I only found desktop.ini in windows and system32 folders.

    I tried the minishell but again its not quite what I'm after- would kinda like a taskbar type thing- or being able to minimise/hide on startup. Perhaps delay the interface until after RR has started. In a future version perhaps?!

  9. #39
    FLAC alti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,723
    if it shows up on the startup tab of carshell just click and hold for a sec and then choose delete (on the button in the startup tab). That should take care of it.

    I have planned to chnage the interface in a future version, and i was actually thinking about a simular task bar as opposed to the minishell. But i have been distracted with life and i am not sure what exactly i want to do with the software yet.
    My Install

    Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

    CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

    StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

  10. #40
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by alti
    Ya, I know that it is not pretty and that it is quirky but for now I have designed it to be very utilitarianism in nature. I did not have much time to make it pretty, this version was just to get the idea rolling and play with it. I got swamped with life so I had to put this on hold, but I plan on starting a new version during winter. It does not yet have a sys tray (when run as shell), the processes still run, but as you mentioned you will not be able to access the apps functionality if it is only accessible there. You can still run it as an app on top of explorer to allow use of your sys tray, or embedded in a FE. I do plan on implementing a sys tray, someday

    I have some really big ideas for this, and I really hope I get to resume working with it soon.
    When you resume work on it, the big thing for me is that it can replace explorer.exe. Therefore it must be able to do everything it can (Switching Tasks, SysTray stuff, access to Control Panel, maybe even file permissions and shares). Running a front-end as a shell makes it impossible to do a lot of things (granted, not every-day things, but thing I still wish I could do without having to change my shell back to explorer.exe and reboot when ever I want to do them). Running explorer as a shell sucks for startup, memory consumption, annoying task-bar balloon popups, etc, etc, etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 08:29 PM
  2. [Release] SKINbedder v2
    By 0l33l in forum SkinBedder
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 04:01 AM
  3. ID3 V2 tags
    By SWC in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 12:13 PM
  4. Status update (again) Media Engine V2
    By rvbcrs in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:47 PM
  5. ME v2 Start/End Dates and Source
    By csteiger in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •