Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 626

Thread: iGmod Beta 2 release

  1. #201
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by PURDooM
    The annoucement says 2.1.1 wont work with the included patcher
    K, I can do the patching myself (you are refering to the transparencies, correct?) but I get some sort of arror when starting IGMOD, and it does not work. I think the error is a runtime error, but I forget. I do not have CF, and have not added the font, could that be the cause? Can someone provide a link to the font, I do not use CF but RR instead.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  2. #202
    FLAC PURDooM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Anoka County, MN
    Posts
    1,020
    Ive mirrored them here for you:

    http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/cf14fonts
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

  3. #203
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by PURDooM
    Ive mirrored them here for you:

    http://igmod.iamjeremy.com/cf14fonts
    Your the man, can't wait to test it out later. Would that be the cause of the error, or was it because I did not do the manuel transparency patch?

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  4. #204
    FLAC PURDooM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Anoka County, MN
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Your the man, can't wait to test it out later. Would that be the cause of the error, or was it because I did not do the manuel transparency patch?

    Michael
    The patch is completley unnessesary, its only to make things look visually better.

    If your having an error the places to check are: You have write access to the iguidance registry key, and your runner.ini refers to the correct iguidance / skin paths
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

  5. #205
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by PURDooM
    The patch is completley unnessesary, its only to make things look visually better.

    If your having an error the places to check are: You have write access to the iguidance registry key, and your runner.ini refers to the correct iguidance / skin paths

    Where is the runner.ini, and how do I ensure that the registry key has write access.

    I wish I had time to do a complete IGMOD/IG how to. Perhaps someone else can, or it can wait till sometime in the future.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  6. #206
    Maximum Bitrate wysocki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    467
    The runner.ini is in the iGmod folder that you installed to.

    I just installed Preview 3 and here are my observations:

    1. First of all, IT WORKS! Pretty much. When I entered the first few letters of a city name or a poi name it wouldn't allow me to click on the name I wanted a couple lines down on the list to finish off the name.

    2. Good thing I figured out I had to install the fonts listed above. I assume the final skinnable version will allow for alternate fonts.

    3. A hard thing to see is the fonts on the lists. Is there any way to expand the listing shown above the osk when entering destination info?

    4. Most screens that pop up obscure most of the map anyhow, why not make them all fullscreen to take advantage of the space and make them really readable? As it is now, a couple of them don't even cover the original IG popups completely.

    5. When I exit RR, the window that I was displaying IG in is still left on the screen instead of my desktop icons.
    Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

  7. #207
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    The runner.ini is in the iGmod folder that you installed to.

    I just installed Preview 3 and here are my observations:

    1. First of all, IT WORKS! Pretty much. When I entered the first few letters of a city name or a poi name it wouldn't allow me to click on the name I wanted a couple lines down on the list to finish off the name.

    2. Good thing I figured out I had to install the fonts listed above. I assume the final skinnable version will allow for alternate fonts.

    3. A hard thing to see is the fonts on the lists. Is there any way to expand the listing shown above the osk when entering destination info?

    4. Most screens that pop up obscure most of the map anyhow, why not make them all fullscreen to take advantage of the space and make them really readable? As it is now, a couple of them don't even cover the original IG popups completely.

    5. When I exit RR, the window that I was displaying IG in is still left on the screen instead of my desktop icons.
    There is no runner.ini. I have a runner.bak only.
    Sooooo, I changed the extension, and viola, it works.

    Wierd, now to DL the font, and check out the skin and stuff.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  8. #208
    FLAC PURDooM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Anoka County, MN
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    The runner.ini is in the iGmod folder that you installed to.

    I just installed Preview 3 and here are my observations:

    1. First of all, IT WORKS! Pretty much. When I entered the first few letters of a city name or a poi name it wouldn't allow me to click on the name I wanted a couple lines down on the list to finish off the name.

    2. Good thing I figured out I had to install the fonts listed above. I assume the final skinnable version will allow for alternate fonts.

    3. A hard thing to see is the fonts on the lists. Is there any way to expand the listing shown above the osk when entering destination info?

    4. Most screens that pop up obscure most of the map anyhow, why not make them all fullscreen to take advantage of the space and make them really readable? As it is now, a couple of them don't even cover the original IG popups completely.

    5. When I exit RR, the window that I was displaying IG in is still left on the screen instead of my desktop icons.
    1. Thats because I don't know what your clicking.
    2. Its skinnable right now, but I don't want you to skin it because I probably am going to make some last minute changes to the skin before public release
    3. Not that I know of. IG uses a custom control thats hard to read and write info to for stuff like that.
    4. Because then I have to design a small and large menu for each skin. That doesn't sound very fun. Maybe if I stretched a default size...
    5. Oh. Ill look at that tommorow probably. All I have to do is clean up after this party I threw and I have the rest of the day free. For coding hopefully
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

  9. #209
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by PURDooM
    1. Thats because I don't know what your clicking.
    2. Its skinnable right now, but I don't want you to skin it because I probably am going to make some last minute changes to the skin before public release
    3. Not that I know of. IG uses a custom control thats hard to read and write info to for stuff like that.
    4. Because then I have to design a small and large menu for each skin. That doesn't sound very fun. Maybe if I stretched a default size...
    5. Oh. Ill look at that tommorow probably. All I have to do is clean up after this party I threw and I have the rest of the day free. For coding hopefully

    So, I installed it, ran it, and it works, except there are lots of issues. I know it is preview, and sorry if this is a rehash, but,

    The POI did not work. I get the skin screen that says something like "Default IM" or something, and then the button on the bottom to go back to the map. If I go back to the map, then the underlying menu structure for the POI us there. Also, inputing an address of cross street doesn't work. Not only can I not double click or hit enter , even though the list has found the street I mean, if the entire street name is not entered with the OSK, there is no way to enter the location to start routing, or see the map of the location once I have entered the entire name. This also happens with cross street locations. When I attempt to see a map or navigate, the program locks up.

    That is all I have found so far, since that is really what I need the program for mostly.

    Also, I would love to start skinning this thing, so let us know when you have the skinning worked out.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  10. #210
    FLAC PURDooM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Anoka County, MN
    Posts
    1,020
    The logic for cross streets follows the same logic as the POI for making the menus, so when I have the POI stuff fixed the crossroads will fall right into place too.
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Similar Threads

  1. iGMod Beta 1 release
    By PURDooM in forum Other Cool Stuff
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 10:17 PM
  2. Release 1.4 CENTRAFUSE BETA 2
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 10:20 AM
  3. Release CENTRAFUSE BETA 2 (1.3)
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 03:13 AM
  4. RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.51 Beta
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 04:03 AM
  5. RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.33 beta (D3 Frontend)
    By CdRsKuLL in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 03:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •