Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Smartphones

  1. #21
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Nope... it's completely usefull... just waiting for someone to do it
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  2. #22
    Maximum Bitrate Danceheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Essex, UK'er
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoko
    There are s60 apps out there already that let you control winamp or similar programs.
    Bemused springs to mind, source code avalible too
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

  3. #23
    Maximum Bitrate Danceheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Essex, UK'er
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    Nope... it's completely usefull... just waiting for someone to do it
    Elaborate Zorro, how can this be done, i have all Symbian SDk's can i develop a client / plugin for phonecontrol for OS60 / uiq 2.1/ 2.2 handsets?
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

  4. #24
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceheaven
    Elaborate Zorro, how can this be done, i have all Symbian SDk's can i develop a client / plugin for phonecontrol for OS60 / uiq 2.1/ 2.2 handsets?
    If you can do an app, that runs on the phone and provides an IP connection to the PC on which I can hook up to do the things needed (get phonebooks, send SMS, receive SMS ... - mostly the functions that are exposed through PhoCos remote interface), I'll do the rest to make it working within PhoCo.

    As I mentioned before, this interface must be capable to do almost everything a standard phone is providing with AT-Commands.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  5. #25
    Maximum Bitrate Danceheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Essex, UK'er
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    If you can do an app, that runs on the phone and provides an IP connection to the PC on which I can hook up to do the things needed (get phonebooks, send SMS, receive SMS ... - mostly the functions that are exposed through PhoCos remote interface), I'll do the rest to make it working within PhoCo.

    As I mentioned before, this interface must be capable to do almost everything a standard phone is providing with AT-Commands.
    This is ok, but Your saying the symbian os mobiles dont support the required AT string commands needed by phone control, so presumable i would need to develop a form of translator that talked to phone control via the remote interface ?
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

  6. #26
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceheaven
    This is ok, but Your saying the symbian os mobiles dont support the required AT string commands needed by phone control, so presumable i would need to develop a form of translator that talked to phone control via the remote interface ?
    No, not at all. On this I prefer (like I always do ) XML for information transport. You would have to implement all functions, that currently are implemented upon the AT-Command set.

    As I said, merely all the stuff desribed in remote interface.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  7. #27
    Constant Bitrate ose-ml320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA (USA)
    Posts
    187
    Hey Zoran

    I just responded to your thread over at Meedio and had a compatibility question more appropriately asked here.

    I'm planning on getting a Motorola MPX 220 (to be released soon) and was wondering whether PN is compatibile with Microsoft Smartphones particularly those with the Smartphone 2003 2nd Edition O/S, or just your best guess.

    I searched but didn't find a yes or no.


    BTW: I had some trouble navigating on your site, whereas I've never had any troubles before. Clicking the navigation menu wouldn't do anything for me. (It's probably something screwy on my end, like Norton Internet Security, again! (Although I tried disabling NIS and your site still didn't work for me.)
    Scott

    MCS-PC
    Epia M-10000
    XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
    Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
    7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
    Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
    19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

  8. #28
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Yet, no Smartphones are supported. This is because (especialy the Windows Smartphnes) do not have an approriate software interface.

    Hopefully, I'll getting a 2002 for testing, so I'm expecting to have solution at least at the end of this year.

    I've found navigation problems only when I go over www.phonecontrol.net. This is a routing initiated by Greg Henke. When you go to my site use http://www.phoco.net instead, then navigation is supposed to work.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  9. #29
    Constant Bitrate ose-ml320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA (USA)
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    I've found navigation problems only when I go over www.phonecontrol.net. This is a routing initiated by Greg Henke. When you got my site use http://www.phoco.net instead, then then navigation is supposed to work.
    EDIT:

    Damn, something must be messed up on my home system. It works from office PC.
    Scott

    MCS-PC
    Epia M-10000
    XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
    Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
    7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
    Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
    19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

  10. #30
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Hmmm, while buttering up the wife to let me buy a cheap bluetooth enabled phone, so I can use this wonderful app, I get an e-mail from work - I need to get a new phone apparently!....And this is what they're recommending - It will do I suppose!

    But then I was dismayed to find this thread

    Zorro, what's the problem with these phones? Can we work it out?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •