Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: CarPC and BT-Headset

  1. #11
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Vish
    ...However, I was having the same problem that any new call automatically gets answered. I was just thinking if it is possible to use another SDK other than Widcomm's SDK to do this!

    I don't know too much about this but found this forum by someone:
    Bluetooth Phone App - Freeware
    ...
    Hi Vish,

    thank you for the information about your dongle. It's now in the list.

    I took a look into the threads you sent me. Unfortunately, this are projects/products very similar to PhoneControl.NET. They don't use any kind of SDK, they only use the Bluetooth virtual COM port.

    You know, there are only a couple of vendors who have such things as Bluetooth drivers (3 or 4 AFAIK). Widcomm is one of them and they managed it to spread their product almost all over the world.
    If I'd use another SDK, you would have to uninstall your current driver and install the one I'm using. This could lead to so much side effects.

    So, this is the reason why it has to be the Widcomm.

    But I know also, that there are a few developers out there, who use the SDK to build their own products / tools upon. Maybe, one day someone has to offer such a package that I can afford
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  2. #12
    Low Bitrate BeamRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Genova, I
    Posts
    92
    I forgot to notify the compatibility with Sitecom Class 1 USB dongle (model CN-502), but when the dongle uses a good stack (as WIDCOMM is) I think that all BT adapters are compatible with PhoneControl.

    liquid_smoke: I have a T610 and it has the answer mode settings, but it's not the phone answering the call, it's the virtual BT headset (my carputer).

  3. #13
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    59

    This could be total noob question

    This is probibly a TOTAL NOOB question, what microphone are people using to make their Car PC a speaker phone? I want something that is directed and sensitive... my car is pretty modified and the exhaust can be quite deep, sometimes it resonates though the car. Just wondering what people are using?

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    50
    I think sp1 for xp has BT manager built in, making the widcommm sw not needed.
    Don't know if this will help tho!

  5. #15
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrozenpenguin
    I think sp1 for xp has BT manager built in, making the widcommm sw not needed.
    Don't know if this will help tho!
    SP2 has it, SP1 don't. As far as I know, it's not very stable yet (maybe because it's still not released).

    Beside, I didn't hear anything about an API from Microsofts side... However, this will be the next on my list, as soon the release is available

    <edit>
    A closer look on Microsoft's website told me, that the in SP2 implemented BT-Stack won't support any HSP Profile. Thus, you'll still need the Widcomm stack for such functionallity as connecting to a Headset.
    </edit>
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  6. #16
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKTHS
    This is probibly a TOTAL NOOB question, what microphone are people using to make their Car PC a speaker phone? I want something that is directed and sensitive... my car is pretty modified and the exhaust can be quite deep, sometimes it resonates though the car. Just wondering what people are using?
    Look here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tec#post188836

    Maybe this helps you too: best microphone?
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  7. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    Groovy


    Somehow (playing around with the BT Monitor) I figured out the following:
    pBda - is a byte array of 6 bytes
    pDevClass - is a byte array of 3 bytes
    pDevName - is a bytes array of 248 bytes
    pDevGuid - is a guid (16 bytes)

    Im not quite sure, whether this information is correct or not.
    Knowing something about Bluetooth I can provide some info here.

    So, it looks like:

    pBda is a Bluetooth address of the device which is unique identifier of the device (like a MAC address of network card)

    pDevClass is a Class of Device - 3 bytes bit array which can tell you if device is a phone, desktop computer or something else

    pDevName - user friendly ascii device name.

    with regards,
    Sergey

  8. #18
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey
    Knowing something about Bluetooth I can provide some info here.

    So, it looks like:

    pBda is a Bluetooth address of the device which is unique identifier of the device (like a MAC address of network card)

    pDevClass is a Class of Device - 3 bytes bit array which can tell you if device is a phone, desktop computer or something else

    pDevName - user friendly ascii device name.

    with regards,
    Sergey
    Yes, your right

    But what I don't know is:
    - Is pBda a pointer (*) or a pointer pointer (**)?
    - What is the code for such a DevClass (which number / text) identifies a phone?
    - Has DevName a meaning? Can I name it however I want to or do I have to use the already given names (as "Headset")?

    If you know more about... teach me
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    - Is pBda a pointer (*) or a pointer pointer (**)?
    Well, I don't know what kind of pointer they give. All I can say is BD_ADDR (Bluetooth Device address) is a 6 bytes array.


    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    - What is the code for such a DevClass (which number / text) identifies a phone?
    Try to look here:
    https://www.bluetooth.org/foundry/as...ument/baseband


    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    - Has DevName a meaning? Can I name it however I want to or do I have to use the already given names (as "Headset")?
    Usually it's not a given name, that's the name user specifies for the device himself. Like I can set the name of my phone as "Sergey phone".

    Hope this helps,

    Sergey

  10. #20
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey
    Well, I don't know what kind of pointer they give. All I can say is BD_ADDR (Bluetooth Device address) is a 6 bytes array.



    Try to look here:
    https://www.bluetooth.org/foundry/as...ument/baseband



    Usually it's not a given name, that's the name user specifies for the device himself. Like I can set the name of my phone as "Sergey phone".

    Hope this helps,

    Sergey
    That link makes some things more clearly. Well, let's see if I can get along with this
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •