Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 184

Thread: Motorola Phones

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    167
    'tis true, but motorola has some deal specifically with verizon on this phone. i'm sure it will be locked to verizon's service. however no doubt unlocked versions will be available that will probably work on sprint if they don't mind activating it.

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    167
    well i ended up going with a sony ericsson T616 since zorro says the T6xx series function best, and it was $200 cheaper than the V600. Just waiting for my bluetooth USB dongle to arrive.

  3. #13
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by robr
    'tis true, but motorola has some deal specifically with verizon on this phone. i'm sure it will be locked to verizon's service. however no doubt unlocked versions will be available that will probably work on sprint if they don't mind activating it.
    Yeah, for anyone having problems with unlocking a phone, a great place to go is CellPhoneHacks

    Peace,

    Rafster

  4. #14
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262

    Motorola V525 help...

    I just go a motorola v525 unlocked on ebay in my bluetooth explorer I have no BT comports... just dial-up networking gateway, obex object push, obex file transfer and voice gateway.

    Now I found after I install phonecontrol, select motorola, and com-port 9 (didn't think I had a com, just took a guess, no other coms work), phone control will startup download 3 contacts (I have over 50 at least) and pretty much behave like it's supposed to, call anyone of the 3 via the phone control gui.

    What can I do to make it actually download all my contacts?

  5. #15
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by lopan
    I just go a motorola v525 unlocked on ebay in my bluetooth explorer I have no BT comports... just dial-up networking gateway, obex object push, obex file transfer and voice gateway.

    Now I found after I install phonecontrol, select motorola, and com-port 9 (didn't think I had a com, just took a guess, no other coms work), phone control will startup download 3 contacts (I have over 50 at least) and pretty much behave like it's supposed to, call anyone of the 3 via the phone control gui.

    What can I do to make it actually download all my contacts?
    The port you've choosen is the "Dial-up networking gateway". Thats ok, Motorola has only this one.

    Hence "Dial-up's" sometimes behave different to a "SPP", I suppose it read out the only 3 numbers you have on your SIM card, not in your phones memory.
    You can check this and if I'm right, then you will have to export your names and numbers from anywhere (e.g: Outlook) and use PBConverter to get a PhoneControl phonebook.

    Anyway, you can send me the PhoneCtlLog.txt when you try to refresh the phonebook (F5) so I can have look.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  6. #16
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262
    Actually I never moved my contacts off of my sim, but looked around. After I went in and deleted the phonebook xml file, then fired it up again, it loaded everything fine. Thanks

  7. #17
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262
    Ok, so it's pulling my contacts, placing the call, I can hear the speaker click, however I'm unable to hear anything or use the mic....

  8. #18
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by lopan
    Ok, so it's pulling my contacts, placing the call, I can hear the speaker click, however I'm unable to hear anything or use the mic....
    You have to let your phone search for a Headset (which is the PC) and do the pairing. I'm not sure, whether this will work with your phone.
    Just try it.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  9. #19
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262
    well the issue there is with my phone, it connects to the pc for a short period then gets disconnected (within 5 seconds). Does this on my logitech dongle and my kensington dongle. however my nokia bluetooth headset works fine. I don't get it.

    so I can use a bt headset fine... I can connect via the modem fine... I just can't get my pc to stay connected as a headset.

    EDIT: I should say when I connect from the phone to the PC as a headset... It only connects for a short period... then disconnects. I can pair it this way as well. The dial up gateway will stay connected for however long I let it.

  10. #20
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262
    I pulled the sim from the motorolla and put the sim back into my ericsson t68i... same thing, it connects via audio gateway then gets dropped.... is there something special you have to do with you bluetooth software or something?

Similar Threads

  1. phonecontrol + motorola v710
    By dim-8 in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 12:06 AM
  2. fs gsm cell phones.
    By hoodlum in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 09:03 PM
  3. Motorola T720 Data Cable Wiring Diagram
    By stevieg in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 01:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •