Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 184

Thread: Motorola Phones

  1. #41
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262
    P.S. I talked to my buddy who's a wireless developper, he said if the V600 works then the v525 with the v600 software upgrade should definitely work because they are identical hardware wise (with the exception of the flashy lights and metal case).
    Yup pretty much been covered on the first page.... To pair it, enable bluetooth as discoverable, or "find me" in your bluetooth setup menu, then open your bluetooth neighborhood on your PC, discover devices in range, when you see your phone right click, then pair, give it a number (any number) then follow the prompts on your phone and give your phone the same pairing number....

    Zorro, in the documentation it says v600 is compatible, just curious as to if the person that tested that really did a deep test, or just saw that it pulled the info and said "it works".... anyway is there anyway to modify the config file to make it where it disconnects the dial-up session when placing a call and connects to the headset, then connects back when the headset session is dropped? Would that even be possible? I guess if it kills the dial up session, it would drop the send command for the call to eh?

  2. #42
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by lopan
    ...

    Zorro, in the documentation it says v600 is compatible, just curious as to if the person that tested that really did a deep test, or just saw that it pulled the info and said "it works".... anyway is there anyway to modify the config file to make it where it disconnects the dial-up session when placing a call and connects to the headset, then connects back when the headset session is dropped? Would that even be possible? I guess if it kills the dial up session, it would drop the send command for the call to eh?
    Sorry, I'm afraid, it's more like "it works". I didn't proof it myself.

    Disconnecting the session is a problem... PhoCo wouldn't know whether the call is still going on or not. Since there is no such thing as a notification from the phone, it's done by permanent pollig.
    Furthermore, the headset connection isn't done by PhoCo, it's rather a function of the BT-Stack (take a look here: PhoneControl Software).
    Controling the headset function from PhoCo might be possible with the SDK... but that another story
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  3. #43
    LAME :) lopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Clarksville TN
    Posts
    262
    Controling the headset function from PhoCo might be possible with the SDK... but that another story
    Yeah, I remember reading about that, any closer to getting your hands on it? Regardless great work, to bad the moto bt hardware isn't so great I love the phone.

  4. #44
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by lopan
    Yeah, I remember reading about that, any closer to getting your hands on it?...
    Unfortunatelly not.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  5. #45
    Variable Bitrate MC_Stoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    427

    Unhappy V600 and PhoneControl

    I've searched through the forums and I'm still not getting any closer to getting my Motorola V600 talking to Phonecontrol

    I'm running WinXP Pro (SP1), Widcomm BT.

    Phone pairs up with PC ok but I have no BT Serial ports.

    V600 Software version: TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.1DR_A1
    V600 Flex version: SE6467AXXB411C

    Also, can anyone point me to where I can find firmware updates?

    Thanx in advance,

    Stoo

  6. #46
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Stoo
    I've searched through the forums and I'm still not getting any closer to getting my Motorola V600 talking to Phonecontrol

    I'm running WinXP Pro (SP1), Widcomm BT.

    Phone pairs up with PC ok but I have no BT Serial ports.

    V600 Software version: TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.1DR_A1
    V600 Flex version: SE6467AXXB411C

    Also, can anyone point me to where I can find firmware updates?

    Thanx in advance,

    Stoo
    Did you read this one: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26995
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  7. #47
    Variable Bitrate MC_Stoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro

    Yeah, didn't get me any further

    Sent you a PM...

  8. #48
    Maximum Bitrate pyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    500
    in your bluetooth devices you should see a dialup networking gateway on teh phone.. if you check the properties youll see what com port is on.. this is the comport you use for phonecontrol... the only way i've got mine to work is my first pairing the phone then attempting to make a dialup networking connection... since the phone uses the dialup networking connection to communicate it seems it needs to be 'initialized' first (which is what attempting to make a connection manually does). after you get the failed message when trying to make the dialup networking connection phonecontrol should work fine. i haven't tried using the PC as a handsfree kit yet though because I have an old version of the Widcomm BT stack which doesn't have that profile. HOpefully if I upgrade to the new version that will work.

    Hope that works, that's what got mine to work.

    Chris
    2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
    Install Status: DONE

    My XM FAQ

  9. #49
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040

    Motorola 721 (GSM)

    I never saw this on any supported devices so I assume it won't work, but figured I would ask.. I have my USB cable for my 721 and I can connect to GPRS and use it for the internet... I also have software that connects and pulls contacts and lets me upload music/images... Is there anyway to do anything else with this phone?
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #50
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    I never saw this on any supported devices so I assume it won't work, but figured I would ask.. I have my USB cable for my 721 and I can connect to GPRS and use it for the internet... I also have software that connects and pulls contacts and lets me upload music/images... Is there anyway to do anything else with this phone?
    If you download the manual and do the steps with HyperTerminal as shown in chapter 10, we'll definitely know more
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Similar Threads

  1. phonecontrol + motorola v710
    By dim-8 in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 12:06 AM
  2. fs gsm cell phones.
    By hoodlum in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 09:03 PM
  3. Motorola T720 Data Cable Wiring Diagram
    By stevieg in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 01:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •