Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 388

Thread: Archive

  1. #171
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    The defaults for the sony ericson.. 38400,N,8,1
    I don't get it... guess I have to catch some sleep
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  2. #172
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    There are a couple of other things I can't figure out... When I tested this on my laptop it worked fine... All the audio came through my laptop speakers and the built in microphone on my laptop worked to have conversations... I set it up in my car and the audio does come through the speakers, but my microphone doesn't seem to work with PhoneControl.. I know the mic works, because if I un-mute it I can here it through my speakers.. I double checked that it was the selected recording input device also... Any suggestions?

    The other thing that I can't figure out is.... I turn-on bluetooth on my phone and load PhoneControl... I see the blue connect icon on my phone and my pc, so they are communicating, but after a little while PhoneControl says timeout... It always does this, unless I go into the Bluetooth neighborhood and hit "connect serial 1"... then the icons light up the same as before and it works.. I have "serial port 1" set to auto and when PhoneControl starts up I see it activate, but it times out... Is there a way to make the timeout longer or is there something I am doing wrong?
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  3. #173
    Variable Bitrate danon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    Yes, I know... but it's in the same thread and the time difference is about 5 hours...?? Come on...

    And here is the answer for the whole thread:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zorro
    BTW folks: If your phone is not on my list, it means "no one has tested it yet".

    oh yes, i remember reading that, in fact that's the only thing i remember (or maybe since it answer the question that is long been lurking in my brain)



    btw, thanks for the long, or should i say "comprehensive" reply to my questions, i'll go to work now(sigh!) and i'll try it as soon as i get back.

    [....99.9%]
    [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
    [....99.8%]
    [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
    [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

  4. #174
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    There are a couple of other things I can't figure out... When I tested this on my laptop it worked fine... All the audio came through my laptop speakers and the built in microphone on my laptop worked to have conversations... I set it up in my car and the audio does come through the speakers, but my microphone doesn't seem to work with PhoneControl.. I know the mic works, because if I un-mute it I can here it through my speakers.. I double checked that it was the selected recording input device also... Any suggestions?
    This has nothing to do with PhoneControl, merely this is something about your Windows settings. Check your Audio setup and what you have configured as your audio input device.
    The other thing that I can't figure out is.... I turn-on bluetooth on my phone and load PhoneControl... I see the blue connect icon on my phone and my pc, so they are communicating, but after a little while PhoneControl says timeout... It always does this, unless I go into the Bluetooth neighborhood and hit "connect serial 1"... then the icons light up the same as before and it works.. I have "serial port 1" set to auto and when PhoneControl starts up I see it activate, but it times out... Is there a way to make the timeout longer or is there something I am doing wrong?
    The disconnect could be initiated through your phone... but I'm just guessing.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  5. #175
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Its weird... I know the mic is working... I can open up SAPI and read paragraphs, it works in VOICES, I can hear the mic input through my speakers if I un-mute it, but it doesn't work in PhoneControl... I don't know what else to try...

    Also... Any caller id ideas for me?
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  6. #176
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    I switched PhoneControl to use the com port of the Bluetooth modem.. Is this how you recommend setting it up? Before I had it using the serial port 1... Now it still times out if you just load PhoneControl, but if I doulbe click my network connection for GPRS, it auto connects fine with the Bluetooth modem, then if I disconnect that connection it drops the bluetooth connection, but PhoneControl starts working...PhoneControl seems to initiate the connection fine, but it appears like it needs a longer timeout... It seems that once you make a connection one time with the phone, after that it makes connections faster and PhoneControl works with it, but if you try to use PhoneControl to make the first conenction it always timesout..

    I still can't figure this mic thing out... driving me crazy and I got no ideas...
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  7. #177
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    Its weird... I know the mic is working... I can open up SAPI and read paragraphs, it works in VOICES, I can hear the mic input through my speakers if I un-mute it, but it doesn't work in PhoneControl... I don't know what else to try...
    PhoCo isn't using the Mic at all.

    Also... Any caller id ideas for me?
    Nope... I guess, I have to get a T68i myself and try that...
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  8. #178
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    I switched PhoneControl to use the com port of the Bluetooth modem.. Is this how you recommend setting it up? Before I had it using the serial port 1... Now it still times out if you just load PhoneControl, but if I doulbe click my network connection for GPRS, it auto connects fine with the Bluetooth modem, then if I disconnect that connection it drops the bluetooth connection, but PhoneControl starts working...PhoneControl seems to initiate the connection fine, but it appears like it needs a longer timeout... It seems that once you make a connection one time with the phone, after that it makes connections faster and PhoneControl works with it, but if you try to use PhoneControl to make the first conenction it always timesout..

    I still can't figure this mic thing out... driving me crazy and I got no ideas...
    To increase the timeout set <Timeout> within your communication section to any value above 20 and send me the logfile.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

  9. #179
    VENDOR - Centrafuse veetid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,040
    Doesn't PhoCon have to use the mic? How does it send audio from the computer back to the phone so the person on the other end can hear the converstaion? It worked on my laptop...

    I am about to see if the timeout fixes my earlier problem..
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  10. #180
    Phone Control Moderator zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by veetid
    Doesn't PhoCon have to use the mic? How does it send audio from the computer back to the phone so the person on the other end can hear the converstaion? It worked on my laptop...
    No, this is what the Widcomm Software does.
    Here a little schematik of who does what:

    The boxes within the BT-Stack frame are the profiles you have installed on your PC. Ignore the gray arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Similar Threads

  1. Sound Blaster External USB Question
    By nirvanades in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 01:09 AM
  2. DVD drive question
    By Pokey in forum Newbie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 04:26 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
  4. lcd power question
    By jrbless in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2002, 12:27 PM
  5. Is this a stupid question??
    By Raymond in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2001, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •