Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 388

Thread: Archive

  1. #281
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    93
    sp2 has built in support for BT. the drivers you installed may have been dodgy.

  2. #282
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    29
    ...was experimenting with PhoneControl over the IrDA link to N6230 phone too - no success... Have also talked a lot to Zoran directly. Got various recommendations. The conclusion was - SP2 SUCKS! Still had no time to uninstall it...

  3. #283
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Memphis - TN
    Posts
    1,272
    My Blackberry 7280 doesnt have that ability either, it sux.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

  4. #284
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by trancified
    sp2 has built in support for BT. the drivers you installed may have been dodgy.
    This is as far as I know true. Zorro ( and a lot more people ) have been waiting that ms puts up a decent BT support into XP. So my guess is that if you have sp2, you shouldn´t install drivers at all, BT should work like USB. All in teory of course, I still didn't install sp2 on any of my pc's.. dont dare..

    Brave
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

  5. #285
    Newbie blakeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Posts
    19

    Arrow Newbie Question!!

    Would my Motorola MPX200 Windows Smartphone work? It's got an IRDA port but no bluetooth, the phone connects to the computer via USB.

    Also I've got a Nokia 6200, would this phone work? I believe you can interface via serial or USB to a computer.

    I've also got a Blackberry, what's the scoop on the compatibility of this?

    Additionally I've got a IPAQ 5500 w/built in bluetooth/wifi and I can connect to the IR port on my MPX200, not sure if I could connect the smartphone to the pocket pc and then interface to phonecontrol via bluetooth from the ppc... I'm just thinking since it's a GSM phone and that it works with USB that it should work.

    I'm primarily interested in a hands free system for my Carputer. Hopefully you folks can point me in the right direction?

    Thanks!

    Toyota Corolla 04
    Panasonic 7in In-Dash
    Mini-ITX 933Mhz
    Mediacar/Mappoint
    GPS/MP3/GPRS/Sony HU
    2x20 Character LCD

  6. #286
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeh
    Would my Motorola MPX200 Windows Smartphone work? It's got an IRDA port but no bluetooth, the phone connects to the computer via USB.

    Also I've got a Nokia 6200, would this phone work? I believe you can interface via serial or USB to a computer.

    I've also got a Blackberry, what's the scoop on the compatibility of this?

    Additionally I've got a IPAQ 5500 w/built in bluetooth/wifi and I can connect to the IR port on my MPX200, not sure if I could connect the smartphone to the pocket pc and then interface to phonecontrol via bluetooth from the ppc... I'm just thinking since it's a GSM phone and that it works with USB that it should work.

    I'm primarily interested in a hands free system for my Carputer. Hopefully you folks can point me in the right direction?

    Thanks!

    Hi,

    Welcome to the forums.

    About your question, you should really look around and search.

    PhoneCo has a pretty good documentation. The compatibility list says a lot: http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/default.htm, and of course the stick threads at the top, here, http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/default.htm, have the answers..

    If your phone is not listed there, I'm afraid that it haven´t being tested yet, so you could be the first one and post your results

    Not sure if I understand your question about the ipaq. If you are asking if you can run PhoneCO in the ipaq, the answer is no, it does not run on pocket pc devices.

    To have real hands free operation the best solution is a SE phone. These have been reported to work fine. But it's not PhoneCo that controls sound thru the PC, it's the BT stack. It's completely independent. You can make your pc to act like a headset, with or without PhoneCO.

    Cya

    Brave
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

  7. #287
    Newbie blakeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Posts
    19
    I've downloaded the program and researched the wesbite and documentation aswell I spent a good ammount of time reading the posts on this forum. In addition to researching white papers and looking into writing my own program for carpc use. I think I was just looking for confirmation on if one of my mobile phones would be compatible with phonecontrol. From what I've read, I'm guessing I would need a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone which I don't have. I was mainly looking for someone with some knowledge of how the MPX200 headset works and if it is not compatible with phonecontrol what is my alternative for hands free operation. Also if hands free operation is not possible with my MPX200 then what are my other options, such as using the Nokia 6200 or Blackberry (from what i've read the blackberry is not compatible).

    Thanks for the input!

    Toyota Corolla 04
    Panasonic 7in In-Dash
    Mini-ITX 933Mhz
    Mediacar/Mappoint
    GPS/MP3/GPRS/Sony HU
    2x20 Character LCD

  8. #288
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeh
    I've downloaded the program and researched the wesbite and documentation aswell I spent a good ammount of time reading the posts on this forum. In addition to researching white papers and looking into writing my own program for carpc use. I think I was just looking for confirmation on if one of my mobile phones would be compatible with phonecontrol. From what I've read, I'm guessing I would need a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone which I don't have. I was mainly looking for someone with some knowledge of how the MPX200 headset works and if it is not compatible with phonecontrol what is my alternative for hands free operation. Also if hands free operation is not possible with my MPX200 then what are my other options, such as using the Nokia 6200 or Blackberry (from what i've read the blackberry is not compatible).

    Thanks for the input!
    For PhoneCO use, you do not need a BT phone, you just need some way of connecting thru a serial port to the phone. It can be done with BT, IRDA or Cable. I read in the PhoneCO that the Nokia 6220 is compatible with PhoneCO. Isn’t this model similar enough to the 6200 to work?
    People talked about smartphones, but as far as I know, no one had success with them ( if someone did, please speak up ) . I do not know the blackberry's so cant comment on them.
    If you want just voice routed thru the computer speakers/line out and mic/line in, then you just need BT and a phone supporting headset profile ( forget about nokia ) you don’t even need PhoneCO.

    Brave
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

  9. #289
    Newbie blakeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Posts
    19

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bravellir
    For PhoneCO use, you do not need a BT phone, you just need some way of connecting thru a serial port to the phone. It can be done with BT, IRDA or Cable. I read in the PhoneCO that the Nokia 6220 is compatible with PhoneCO. Isn’t this model similar enough to the 6200 to work?
    People talked about smartphones, but as far as I know, no one had success with them ( if someone did, please speak up ) . I do not know the blackberry's so cant comment on them.
    If you want just voice routed thru the computer speakers/line out and mic/line in, then you just need BT and a phone supporting headset profile ( forget about nokia ) you don’t even need PhoneCO.

    Brave
    The only difference between the Nokia 6200 and 6220 is a built in camera. Since this phone is campatible, I'm assuming it's fully functional for hands free voice or no?

    Toyota Corolla 04
    Panasonic 7in In-Dash
    Mini-ITX 933Mhz
    Mediacar/Mappoint
    GPS/MP3/GPRS/Sony HU
    2x20 Character LCD

  10. #290
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeh
    The only difference between the Nokia 6200 and 6220 is a built in camera. Since this phone is campatible, I'm assuming it's fully functional for hands free voice or no?
    No, It's not BT.
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

Similar Threads

  1. Sound Blaster External USB Question
    By nirvanades in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 01:09 AM
  2. DVD drive question
    By Pokey in forum Newbie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 04:26 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
  4. lcd power question
    By jrbless in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2002, 12:27 PM
  5. Is this a stupid question??
    By Raymond in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2001, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •