Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1134

Thread: Custom USB tyre pressure monitoring interface

  1. #281
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    649
    @ Per: Look at Robby's post 268 on the previous page, he posted a link to a standalone test program there, which is the same as the screenshot you see above from Fmod - it is a different application to the config for Roadrunner.
    F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

    Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

  2. #282
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wiesbaden/Germany
    Posts
    214
    2. testrun now on the street while driving for 10 minutes but no changing of any values...
    (with your PIC in an experimental stick-board and connected to the WAECO receiver just lying freely in my trunk)

    Where do those values come from which are displayed - they appear if I connect the PIC thats for sure ! Are these values from the EPROM ? Did you earase my EPROM before you send me the PIC ?

    Its not really necessary for me to get this running (WAECO) with your PIC but I think the forum is interested...

  3. #283
    Maximum Bitrate Robby BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbean_phillip View Post
    That clears a few things up, thanx Robby

    So we can actually use the config without RR, which is what I first tried, but it did not do anything for me - only after having RR installed, and the app running, could config tool stop flashing abort sequence....

    But, probably 99% something I have done wrong with the pairing process then, will check it out and feedback.

    Thanx.
    Probably it was only a coincidence, moreover the configuration tools should be always used with roadrunner closed in order to prevent conflicts between the two programs and the USB comunication.

    However, at the end are you were able to pair the sensors?
    _______________________________________
    Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
    Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

  4. #284
    Maximum Bitrate S4Per's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbean_phillip View Post
    @ Per: Look at Robby's post 268 on the previous page, he posted a link to a standalone test program there, which is the same as the screenshot you see above from Fmod - it is a different application to the config for Roadrunner.
    Thanks much

  5. #285
    Maximum Bitrate Robby BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by FMode View Post
    2. testrun now on the street while driving for 10 minutes but no changing of any values...
    (with your PIC in an experimental stick-board and connected to the WAECO receiver just lying freely in my trunk)

    Where do those values come from which are displayed - they appear if I connect the PIC thats for sure ! Are these values from the EPROM ? Did you earase my EPROM before you send me the PIC ?

    Its not really necessary for me to get this running (WAECO) with your PIC but I think the forum is interested...
    Those values are the last data received from the sensors, and they come from the internal E2PROM of the PIC.
    After programming the PIC, I make a small test to be sure that it works as expected, but before to ship it, I erase always the data stored during the test in the internal E2PROM.
    However you can try to erase again all the data stored in the PIC yourself and then perform again the learning procedure.

    This is the procedure:
    Connect the PIC to an USB port of your PC and start the new program (TPMS Doctor).
    Press and hold on the shift button on your keyboard then clik on my avatar in the bottom left hand side of the window, two new buttons will appear.
    The firs button (Master Reset) completely erase all data stored in the PIC memory (sensor IDs and data received), the second one (Data Reset) erase only the data received (pressure, temperature, etc) but not the learned sensor IDs.
    _______________________________________
    Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
    Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

  6. #286
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    649
    However, at the end are you were able to pair the sensors?
    Yep, I made a custom pressure chamber from PVC piping, and end-caps, and use a small compressor to get the pressure to around 2bar (28psi/200kpa), and just tested one sensor, which worked very well.

    Both pressure (6F=1.775bar) and temp (43=27deg C) displays proper, and battery seems fine too.

    Using this little pressure chamber, I will convert it to use a simple bicycle pump to pressurise it for testing units at home before shipping them

    Thanx again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

    Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

  7. #287
    Maximum Bitrate Robby BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbean_phillip View Post
    Yep, I made a custom pressure chamber from PVC piping, and end-caps, and use a small compressor to get the pressure to around 2bar (28psi/200kpa), and just tested one sensor, which worked very well.

    Both pressure (6F=1.775bar) and temp (43=27deg C) displays proper, and battery seems fine too.

    Using this little pressure chamber, I will convert it to use a simple bicycle pump to pressurise it for testing units at home before shipping them

    Thanx again!
    Ahahahaha!! Great invention!
    It is exactly what I would have had to use during the firmware development.
    _______________________________________
    Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
    Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

  8. #288
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    649


    I could have made and shipped you one, but the Federales might think it's intended for something else - rofl.

    But, on a sidenote, I will take my UTE to have the 5 sensors installed, and load the config software on the Carputer as a final test. But very happy so far.

    I am just awaiting beta-release of the CentraFuse plugin Wolfgang is developing over at Fluxmedia.net, then I can go finalize the hardware side of things.

    I still need to make the daughterboard for my uBlox-based deadreckonong GPS, but at least I managed to source the Gyro locally, so that can go ahead to.

    Now to get the Siemens TC35 modem going for the security/tracking side of things.

    Ah well, all in good time

    Talk to you later.
    F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

    Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

  9. #289
    FLAC WuNgUn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,351
    Anyone doing development with the Valet system?
    I noticed the 3rd Eye is now $250? Did it come down in price?

  10. #290
    Maximum Bitrate DaveDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenacres, WA
    Posts
    606
    Valet development is being attempted, results have not been spectacular so far...
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Similar Threads

  1. Core Duo / Core 2 Duo Mini-ITX boards
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. USB self powered hub, which one
    By htsource in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
  3. Will this layout with a remote USB hub work?
    By NoPistonPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 03:24 PM
  4. USB Earthmate - patch for gpsd support
    By dignome in forum GPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 10:44 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •