Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1134

Thread: Custom USB tyre pressure monitoring interface

  1. #481
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    _Dejan_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by rgarjr View Post
    Dejan,

    Boards look very nice man. I'm seeing that JP1 and JP2 dont have a header pin, did you not put one on there?
    As say mrbean_phillip if I put this two jumper into board then is difficult to position the receiver... In packet I send this pins to...

  2. #482
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    242
    Anyone looking for a board, pm me.

  3. #483
    Variable Bitrate vinzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    262
    Good day everyone.
    First of all thank you for this GREAT !!!!! project.
    I have two short questions:

    I got my TPMS system, installed it on the vehicle, test it with the original screen which comes with it - everything works great.
    I got my PCB board with PIC controller, installed it on the vehicle and tested connectivity woth USB using TPMS Doctor software. It shows ONLINE.

    Now first question: I do not want to cut the board, so most probably I can make a connection inside the receiver from resistor R3 (as shown on the schematic) to the aviable PIN on the connector. I think I can use short wire inside the receiver to do that. The question is - how long shielded wire from the connector to the USB-PIC controller device may be ? Lets say 24 inches is too long ? And will my existed receiver and LCD screen continue to work while connected to USB-PIC controller ? Will it give any interfereence ?

    Second question is: I connected the short wire inside the receiver from R3 to aviable pin, after with shielded wire I connected it to the USB-PIC controller. I run config tool from RR in order to learn the IDs of the sensor. I hit learn button on the left front tire and after that defllated it almost untill 0. My existed receiver showed me very low pressure and started to beep however on the computer screen it still blinks red ..... so looks like it did not learned. I tried other wheel and the same result. I am sure that my connection is OK. The lenght of the shielded wire from TPMS receiver to USB-PIC is around 22 inches. The question is: Should I first go to TPMS Doctor, erase all sensor's data and only after that go to Config tool and learn sensors ? Or while I choosed learn in Config tool it will automaticly erase existed sensor's ID and change it to the new one ?

    I run only Config tool and no RR.

    Please help me.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Vlad
    -------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

  4. #484
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern Calif
    Posts
    423


    How are you guys knowing where to chop the board up? Is it just by looking at the picture and doing it? Any tips on how to hack it up? I would think you can use a dremel with a cut off wheel.

  5. #485
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    _Dejan_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by rgarjr View Post
    How are you guys knowing where to chop the board up? Is it just by looking at the picture and doing it? Any tips on how to hack it up? I would think you can use a dremel with a cut off wheel.
    On my page you can see where you must cut board...
    In back side off complete board you see something like line... Take receiver again and you will see what I mean...

  6. #486
    Maximum Bitrate Robby BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzer View Post
    Good day everyone.
    First of all thank you for this GREAT !!!!! project.
    I have two short questions:

    I got my TPMS system, installed it on the vehicle, test it with the original screen which comes with it - everything works great.
    I got my PCB board with PIC controller, installed it on the vehicle and tested connectivity woth USB using TPMS Doctor software. It shows ONLINE.

    Now first question: I do not want to cut the board, so most probably I can make a connection inside the receiver from resistor R3 (as shown on the schematic) to the aviable PIN on the connector. I think I can use short wire inside the receiver to do that. The question is - how long shielded wire from the connector to the USB-PIC controller device may be ? Lets say 24 inches is too long ? And will my existed receiver and LCD screen continue to work while connected to USB-PIC controller ? Will it give any interfereence ?

    Second question is: I connected the short wire inside the receiver from R3 to aviable pin, after with shielded wire I connected it to the USB-PIC controller. I run config tool from RR in order to learn the IDs of the sensor. I hit learn button on the left front tire and after that defllated it almost untill 0. My existed receiver showed me very low pressure and started to beep however on the computer screen it still blinks red ..... so looks like it did not learned. I tried other wheel and the same result. I am sure that my connection is OK. The lenght of the shielded wire from TPMS receiver to USB-PIC is around 22 inches. The question is: Should I first go to TPMS Doctor, erase all sensor's data and only after that go to Config tool and learn sensors ? Or while I choosed learn in Config tool it will automaticly erase existed sensor's ID and change it to the new one ?

    I run only Config tool and no RR.

    Please help me.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Vlad
    If you don't want to cut the board, you have to connect the TPMS display to the USB interface with a shielded cable with a length not exceeding 40 inches, as shown in this post, no connections are required inside the receiver, so I don't understand why you have connected a wire on R3.
    The display can be used simultaneously with the USB interface.
    _______________________________________
    Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
    Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

  7. #487
    Variable Bitrate vinzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby BMW View Post
    If you don't want to cut the board, you have to connect the TPMS display to the USB interface with a shielded cable with a length not exceeding 40 inches, as shown in this post, no connections are required inside the receiver, so I don't understand why you have connected a wire on R3.
    The display can be used simultaneously with the USB interface.

    Robby Thank you for your answer. I am electrical engineer, so I opened the receiver and found that the output from the recivers RF goes to R3, thats why I connected the aviable pin on the connector directly to it. And after I checked that R3 is connected to this pin already but thru the resistance which I removed. Anyway I will try once again.

    But still another question - in case if in PIC's memory some other sensor's IDs are programmed should I first clean the PIC's ID memory or Config tool during learning process will do it automaticly ?

    Thank you
    -------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

  8. #488
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    649
    @ Rgarjr:

    Please see this thread my reply 134

    I have taken quite a few close-up pictures showing exactly where to cut etc.....

    Be careful though, you can very easily render your TPMS useless.

    Enjoy.
    F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

    Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

  9. #489
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern Calif
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbean_phillip View Post
    @ Rgarjr:

    Please see this thread my reply 134

    I have taken quite a few close-up pictures showing exactly where to cut etc.....

    Be careful though, you can very easily render your TPMS useless.

    Enjoy.
    Some outstanding pics you got there for this project, thanks..

    The cut looks really nice and straight.

  10. #490
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    649
    I dressed it with a file after cutting it with the Dremel

    As long as the pics help you out, good...hehe
    F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

    Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Similar Threads

  1. Core Duo / Core 2 Duo Mini-ITX boards
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. USB self powered hub, which one
    By htsource in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
  3. Will this layout with a remote USB hub work?
    By NoPistonPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 03:24 PM
  4. USB Earthmate - patch for gpsd support
    By dignome in forum GPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 10:44 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •