Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1134

Thread: Custom USB tyre pressure monitoring interface

  1. #911
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzer View Post
    I have a question here. Is there any STAND ALONE software for TPMS available ? I know there is plugin for RR and for Centrafuse and both are great ones, however they may work only with in the frontend software.

    For example TPMS Doctor is good as a stand alone application but it can not give a sound warnings while pressure or temp is out of the range. The reason why I am looking for it is simple: I am under SD2 and there is no TPMS plugin available for it at the moment. I do not have enoufgh skills to write one so I want to run some TPMS standalone application on background and have warnings comming on if something goes wrong.

    Please help with the suggestion on this. Thank you

    Well the original source is available so converting it to a standalone app wouldn't be difficult, however if you are using SD I would recommend putting a request in that forum for someone to do a digi mod for it.

  2. #912
    Variable Bitrate vinzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Well the original source is available so converting it to a standalone app wouldn't be difficult, however if you are using SD I would recommend putting a request in that forum for someone to do a digi mod for it.

    I did a request long time ago but so far no one was interested to do it for SD

    Also my skills does not allow me at this point to convert existed RR source code to .exe application. Maybe someone may help me please with that ? Just instead of .dll which is a plugin for RR I would like to have .exe file to start TPMS. Does not matter which skin will be in used.

    Thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

  3. #913
    Lok
    Lok is offline
    VENDOR - Portal Media Lok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    152
    GizmoQ did you have any luck with the new valve stems that I sent you? I am assuming you did because your last post states that everything is working fine. Please let me know because I have a couple other users who have reported the same issue and I want to make sure it is due to the old style valve stems.

  4. #914
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzer View Post
    I did a request long time ago but so far no one was interested to do it for SD

    Also my skills does not allow me at this point to convert existed RR source code to .exe application. Maybe someone may help me please with that ? Just instead of .dll which is a plugin for RR I would like to have .exe file to start TPMS. Does not matter which skin will be in used.

    Thank you.
    I must say I'm surprised no one is interested, especially as most of the hard work is already done and available.


    I would do the exe if I had any spare time, but I have too many plugins going on at the moment to do it.

  5. #915
    Variable Bitrate vinzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    I must say I'm surprised no one is interested, especially as most of the hard work is already done and available.


    I would do the exe if I had any spare time, but I have too many plugins going on at the moment to do it.
    There is one user at the streetdeck.com forums who is planing to work on this plugin in the future. But when this future come ?

    Enforcer I would apreciate if you may find some time and just compile .exe version of the RR TPMS using existed default RR Skin. I can do it my self but first I need to read book on C# and VB in order to uderstand how does it work. My knoweleges in coding are limited

    I wish I can code the plugins - I would do it non stop for SD and RR since I am using both of these front ends

    Thank you in advance !
    -------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

  6. #916
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Lok View Post
    GizmoQ did you have any luck with the new valve stems that I sent you? I am assuming you did because your last post states that everything is working fine. Please let me know because I have a couple other users who have reported the same issue and I want to make sure it is due to the old style valve stems.
    My cores didn't seal completely in the new ones either. With the caps tight, it doesn't leak. My tire guy also brought up a possible issue with the threads for the caps possibly getting stripped when inflating if you're not real careful.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  7. #917
    Lok
    Lok is offline
    VENDOR - Portal Media Lok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    152

    Valve Stem Leak Issue...

    Gizmo and other users having issues with the valve stems leaking. I recieved a response back from 3rd eye and they told me that you can tighten the inside core on the valve stem as well. You will proabably need a pair of tweezers but simply turn the core clockwise to tighten up the seal. Let me know if this fix helps.

  8. #918
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Lok View Post
    Gizmo and other users having issues with the valve stems leaking. I recieved a response back from 3rd eye and they told me that you can tighten the inside core on the valve stem as well. You will proabably need a pair of tweezers but simply turn the core clockwise to tighten up the seal. Let me know if this fix helps.
    My tire shop has the specific core tool and tightened one till it broke and it still leaked. That was the one where we tried over a dozen cores to find the one that leaked the least.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  9. #919
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    48
    Hey I did some pressure testing and got one to not leak at 32 PSI. I just bough some Valve Cores at Auto Zone and I used Valve core tool to retap the threads to clean them up and make it a little deeper. I took the Tool and tightened the Core in really tight, On pressure test It held past 35 PSI, But I don't know if I want to trust it or not, Only successfully got one to stop after playing with it for 30 min.

    Current status: Need to send board back to Alok for Firmware update, and Need to install sensors, were not installed as they were leaking when we were getting them in.

    A family matter, and possibility of moving home has consumed my time, so I have yet to work to much farther on this project.

  10. #920
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern Calif
    Posts
    423
    Just got done installing the new firmware 2.0 on my setup here.





    Noticed a huge improvement in learning the sensors, picked them up real quick.

Similar Threads

  1. Core Duo / Core 2 Duo Mini-ITX boards
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. USB self powered hub, which one
    By htsource in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
  3. Will this layout with a remote USB hub work?
    By NoPistonPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 03:24 PM
  4. USB Earthmate - patch for gpsd support
    By dignome in forum GPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 10:44 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •