Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 446

Thread: Chicago Meet 2006

  1. #131
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Broadview
    Posts
    41
    I was there for a quick second. I thought i say you too Kal. I was wet from riding in the rain. went to get something to eat and to change and i ended up falling asleep on the couch. I will be there next month. If the weather is nice then I might be riding my bike.

  2. #132
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    Interested In checking this out

    I'm definitely interseted in checking this out, I showed up last Sunday but I was one of those guys that drove around a bit and figured it was cancelled due to weather.

  3. #133
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    Anybody near Evanston?

    So what I forgot in my previous post is that when myself and "lilscotboy" headed down on Sunday we were hoping to talk with you guys because we are working for a design company doing a project on car interiors and since you guys are on the cutting edge, we were hoping to see your cars and get some of your input.

    We are located in Evanston but we could meet up anywhere near the city. If any of you guys are free to meet up some time soon, either at our office or wherever, that would be very cool.

  4. #134
    Newbie Trancerush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    26

    What happened to the meet??

    It looks like there is months of preparations for the meeting then when the time comes noone shows up.
    It took me about 40 minutes to get there from where I live, Sunday around 12:30 until 1:00 have seen noone except for some 2 guys, who were looking at me funny, like I was from FBI and they were about to sell dope...
    Next time I will have second thought about going on any meet...
    VIA EPIA-SP13000--- 1GB RAM--- 2x 100GB Samsung 2.5" HD--- Wireless NIC + GPRS--- M2-ATX--- Mobile Impact--- Built progress... about 75%

  5. #135
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancerush
    It looks like there is months of preparations for the meeting then when the time comes noone shows up.
    It took me about 40 minutes to get there from where I live, Sunday around 12:30 until 1:00 have seen noone except for some 2 guys, who were looking at me funny, like I was from FBI and they were about to sell dope...
    Next time I will have second thought about going on any meet...
    Don't be discouraged. As the weather gets better, the turnout will too. I drive up from St Louis and they're a great bunch of guys ready to share what they know. Give the weather another month and I'd be willing to bet the parking lot will be full.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  6. #136
    Variable Bitrate pcfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Freeport, IL.
    Posts
    321
    Sorry I didn't get there on time. Time change got me then my not paying attention and went past my 290 to 294 exit. Didn't realize it till I was almost downtown. I guarantee I'll be on time next month though.
    Peese

  7. #137
    Variable Bitrate pcfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Freeport, IL.
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos
    So what I forgot in my previous post is that when myself and "lilscotboy" headed down on Sunday we were hoping to talk with you guys because we are working for a design company doing a project on car interiors and since you guys are on the cutting edge, we were hoping to see your cars and get some of your input.

    We are located in Evanston but we could meet up anywhere near the city. If any of you guys are free to meet up some time soon, either at our office or wherever, that would be very cool.
    If I had time during the week I would drive out there and meet up with ya. Besides, my car is far from complete and I would think you would be more interested in one that is complete.
    Peese

  8. #138
    Newbie Trancerush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ
    Don't be discouraged. As the weather gets better, the turnout will too. I drive up from St Louis and they're a great bunch of guys ready to share what they know. Give the weather another month and I'd be willing to bet the parking lot will be full.

    Maybe my previous post sound like it, but I do realize, that weather is a key factor. I'm looking forward to meet You gyus another time...
    My install isn't finished yet, but I will surely never use a car radio again
    VIA EPIA-SP13000--- 1GB RAM--- 2x 100GB Samsung 2.5" HD--- Wireless NIC + GPRS--- M2-ATX--- Mobile Impact--- Built progress... about 75%

  9. #139
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancerush
    Maybe my previous post sound like it, but I do realize, that weather is a key factor. I'm looking forward to meet You gyus another time...
    My install isn't finished yet, but I will surely never use a car radio again
    I've actually come to appreciate both. Because I run a tablet and don't have it in all the time, I like having the HU for quick trips. Also, my HU is my carputer's DVD drive and works quite well. I haven't even begun to explore headrest screens and dual input for them, yet. As usual, the Carputers never really finished.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  10. #140
    Variable Bitrate pcfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Freeport, IL.
    Posts
    321
    True that sh1t Gizmo....... it's never gonna be done man....
    Peese

Similar Threads

  1. northeast real meet?!?!?!
    By turbocad6 in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 08:16 PM
  2. National Meet in Ruston (Summer 2006)
    By frodobaggins in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
  3. UK meet, 22nd/23rd April 2006
    By Spaghetti in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:14 PM
  4. Chicago Summer Meet?
    By MP3DUB in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 08:43 AM
  5. Midwest Meet 4/24 12PM Chicago
    By Altimat in forum MP3Car Gatherings
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 07:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •