Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 284

Thread: Everything You need to know about your M4 ATX

  1. #71
    FLAC WuNgUn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by kensbey View Post
    hey, i recently got an M4-atx... and having a small issue... it wont send the bootup/ shudown commands to mb. the time part works.. however. i know this because if i connect a normal switch to the jumpers on mb, 5 seconds after the ignition comes on i can turn the pc on... and it cuts power at the right time after ign goes off.. just cant get it to run the switch on the mb... ne one had this problem?
    Make sure you have to correct polarity on the switch header...it makes a diff on the M4.

  2. #72
    Low Bitrate sk8rjess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by kensbey View Post
    hey, i recently got an M4-atx... and having a small issue... it wont send the bootup/ shudown commands to mb. the time part works.. however. i know this because if i connect a normal switch to the jumpers on mb, 5 seconds after the ignition comes on i can turn the pc on... and it cuts power at the right time after ign goes off.. just cant get it to run the switch on the mb... ne one had this problem?

    sure did. have to send it to minibox for an rma
    they call me hack
    Independence Auto Tech
    http://ctxdesigns.com - web design :)
    "Let us search out and examine out ways, and turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven." - lamentations 3:40-41

  3. #73
    FLAC WuNgUn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
    sure did. have to send it to minibox for an rma
    Sad...
    When you get the new one in return, Ebay it and buy an OPUS...you'll be glad you did

  4. #74
    Low Bitrate sk8rjess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    92
    ha I had already decided that if the rma'd one didnt work then that was my plan too bad it worked!
    they call me hack
    Independence Auto Tech
    http://ctxdesigns.com - web design :)
    "Let us search out and examine out ways, and turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven." - lamentations 3:40-41

  5. #75
    FLAC WuNgUn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
    ha I had already decided that if the rma'd one didnt work then that was my plan too bad it worked!
    Your lucky...my RMA'd one still had issues. ****in' M4's...lol
    Hopefully it lasts for ya.

  6. #76
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    hello, i was hoping someone could help me out by explaining to me how to hook the M4 up so that it turns on either when i press the unlock button on my car remote or when the ignition is turned on. I tested my complete system with all the dip switches up in the off position where it acts as a normal psu and a normal power switch connected to the mobo. Ive been over the manual and it doesnt really explain how to hook up the ignition. I understand that the pins for the switch get connected to the mobo, but what sends the signal to the M4 to turn it on? thanks in advance i really appreciate any help given.

  7. #77
    FLAC WuNgUn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,351
    In the manual, the drawing on page 2, where it's indicating the middle terminal with "IGNITION"...well, wire in your ignition or accessory to that...
    This, of course, is what turn it on.

    Set dip1 on, the rest off...

    Forget about trying to switch it on with the 'unlock' funtion...
    Most people use an aux output on most remotes/alarms to power it up...

  8. #78
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    from my understanding of electronics, you need 2 points for a switch to work. Your telling me that i just take a wire from the ignition port and touch it to anything and itll work? since im putting the computer in my trunk, is there anything in the rear of hte c ar you can think of that i can link this to? how about if i want the computer to turn off when i turn the car off? i was going to run the + lead to the battery and ground the - lead anywhere. sorry but this is my first carpc and first time messing with an auto psu. the M4 manual leaves alot to be desired... and what do you mean by an aux output on the alarm? i am using my cars stock alarm system.

  9. #79
    FLAC WuNgUn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by moelsaied88 View Post
    from my understanding of electronics, you need 2 points for a switch to work. Your telling me that i just take a wire from the ignition port and touch it to anything and itll work? since im putting the computer in my trunk, is there anything in the rear of hte c ar you can think of that i can link this to? how about if i want the computer to turn off when i turn the car off? i was going to run the + lead to the battery and ground the - lead anywhere. sorry but this is my first carpc and first time messing with an auto psu. the M4 manual leaves alot to be desired... and what do you mean by an aux output on the alarm? i am using my cars stock alarm system.
    You need a constant ground and constant +
    This is what the other terminals are for.
    The middle 'ignition' terminal can't be just touched anywhere. I think your confused...
    You MUST run a wire from the cars ACC at the ignition key switch to this center terminal on the M4.
    When the M4 sense as current (i.e. when the car is on!) it switches on the PSU...
    When you turn the car off, it senses this too, thru the IGN terminal, and shuts down your PC...

    Read thru the manual a few more times...

  10. #80
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crazyburn, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
    Posts
    96
    from my understanding of electronics, you need 2 points for a switch to work.
    The constant -ve is the second point for the switch... the IGN terminal is the +ve point for the switch... hope that helps.
    '89 GQ Patrol
    TD42 (go the Diesel!) NEW: Now with DTS Turbo - woot!!!
    "It's times like these you go BUGGER!!!"

Similar Threads

  1. M4 ATX USB connection
    By Arby in forum M4-ATX
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 09:24 PM
  2. M4 ATX Turn On Problem
    By Fox_Mulder in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 07:43 AM
  3. miniITX power supply for ATX motherboard?
    By uldics in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
  5. morex 80wpsu and reg ATX cable dilema!!
    By surfy in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 08:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •