Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Carnetix P1900 Help! SSC

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18

    Carnetix P1900 Help! SSC

    Hey guys, I currently have a Carnetix P1900 and my only dilemma now is the startup/shutdown controller. Is it necessary for me to hook up the ACPI wire to the motherboard in order for this functionality to work? The computer I am using is a Asus EEE Box and there is no plug on the motherboard where the power button is. Would I need to solder the wires in order to make it work properly? Or is it possible to still have the SSC without connecting a ACPI wire?

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by rudetrini View Post
    Hey guys, I currently have a Carnetix P1900 and my only dilemma now is the startup/shutdown controller. Is it necessary for me to hook up the ACPI wire to the motherboard in order for this functionality to work?
    Yes.

    The computer I am using is a Asus EEE Box and there is no plug on the motherboard where the power button is. Would I need to solder the wires in order to make it work properly?
    Yes.

    Or is it possible to still have the SSC without connecting a ACPI wire?
    No.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18
    Ok, I was able to figure this out through trial and error. If anyone else ends up using an Asus EEE Box for their car PC I can help them out. My CarPC is now fully functional! The only problem I have is getting my keyboard with built in touch pad to work properly after the computer resumes from hibernation. It is plugged into a USB hub that is also powered by the P1900.

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate billmee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    299
    I have some questions about the eee.

    Which model are you using?
    How do you turn it on?

  5. #5
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by rudetrini View Post
    Ok, I was able to figure this out through trial and error. If anyone else ends up using an Asus EEE Box for their car PC I can help them out. My CarPC is now fully functional! The only problem I have is getting my keyboard with built in touch pad to work properly after the computer resumes from hibernation. It is plugged into a USB hub that is also powered by the P1900.
    Check the power saving on the USB Root Hubs in the Device Manager and disable them.
    Also, if the keyboard/trackpad unit is connected through a USB hub, then connect it directly into a USB port on the motherboard.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by billmee View Post
    I have some questions about the eee.

    Which model are you using?
    How do you turn it on?
    I took apart the whole PC and soldered a wire to where the power button is on the motherboard and ran it to the Carnetix P1900.

    I have the ASUS EEE Box B202, it's not once of those mini-laptops but rather a mini desktop PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    Check the power saving on the USB Root Hubs in the Device Manager and disable them.
    Also, if the keyboard/trackpad unit is connected through a USB hub, then connect it directly into a USB port on the motherboard.
    Thanks, I will try this and see if it works. I will also try the devcon fix to see if I can disable and re-enable the USB hub when I resume from Hibernation.

    The only thing I am having problems with is alternator whine/noise now that I have moved all my wiring behind my glove box. I originally had everything on my passenger side floor when I was testing and setting everything up, but now that I have everything hidden, it's giving some noise interference. I will try relocating my RCA's to see if that solves the problem.

    I will have pics up in the near future.

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate billmee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by rudetrini View Post
    I took apart the whole PC and soldered a wire to where the power button is on the motherboard and ran it to the Carnetix P1900.

    I have the ASUS EEE Box B202, it's not once of those mini-laptops but rather a mini desktop PC.
    Thanks for the info
    I'm looking at a used EEE 900 and wondering if the power switch is gonna be a bear.

  8. #8
    Tis
    Tis is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2
    Hi rudetrini and all,

    I am looking at getting into carputers and am looking at setting up my first one using the ASUS EEE Box B202 but before I do I just wanted to ask a few questions. I wanted to know if the computer is powerful enough to play mp3 and flac files and to run GPS software using a USB GPS receiver. I would also be looking at adding a USB slot CD/DVD ROM drive to watch DVD movies and listening to CDS and I will be hooking the computer up to a 7" touch screen to run the carputer. Can anyone see any limitations in doing this with this computer? The other question I have is how hard it is to open the case and wire up a DC power supply, is it difficult or reasonably easy if you have basic soldering skills? Thank you for the advise and please let me know if there is anything I may have overlooked as this is the first carputer I am looking at doing.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1
    Exactly what parts did you buy with the P1900 to make it work with the EEE Box? What did you have to solder and connect.. etc etc...

    Im a newb in this whole thing...

Similar Threads

  1. Carnetix P1900 & Key Fob Problem.
    By st_abbott36 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 02:26 PM
  2. Carnetix P1900 Pulse question
    By Habious in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 02:58 PM
  3. Questions about my setup and the Carnetix P1900...
    By Nola111 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 07:35 PM
  4. Carnetix P1900
    By jorgenjl in forum Newbie
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
  5. Carnetix p1900 and Travla c138 120watt?
    By john_draws in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 12:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •