i am having the VERY same issue as above with two DSATX PSU's :-(
i wish someone would have responded. although this thread is old, it would help others . ugh
Hey everyone, I want to first thank you all for the great information here. My CarPC adventure started in 2004, and I've been using a DSATX in my setup since 2006 with no problems. This morning however, on my drive to work, it suddenly cut out. I've fooled around with it, and here's what I've observed:
- With everything connected normally, when I turn the car on, the LED on the DSATX does not light at all, and the standby-power indicator light on my motherboard pulses about once per second.
- With the motherboard disconnected, the DSATX LED comes on solid, but if I then try to connect the motherboard, the DSATX LED cuts out entirely, and the motherboard light pulses as above.
- Once, I was able to connect the motherboard after the DSATX LED was solid, and both LEDs went solid - but, when I tried to start the motherboard, it all went out - motherboard LED went to pulsing, DSATX LED off.
- I have tested the motherboard with a standard ATX power supply, it it runs fine - the issue is somewhere in the DSATX.
- I have +13.5 VDC on the VIN.
- I only used the quick setup when I first got my DSATX, and I have never used a brainstem.
- I disconnected the VIN for about a half hour to make sure it was fully reset, but it didn't make a difference.
With my limited knowledge of electrical engineering, I suspect it may be a blown capacitor since the failures seem to be triggered by load - but I honestly have no idea. I didn't get the blown capacitor smell, and I don't see any physical defects. Any ideas here, or do I need to do an RMA?
MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer