I'm a little concerned about the safety of this installation.
To clarify, please correct any of these assumptions I am making:
- you run a wire directly from the + Battery post to the opius supply in the vehicle.
- you cut the wire somewhere along the way and reconnected with a crimp on butt connector. Is the connection in the engine compartment or passenger area?
- You did not mention any fuses/ mini breakers etc. Did you install a fuse or similar anywhere along that wire and if so where? Close to the Battery or close to the P/S?
- What guage wire did you run?
- Are you running anything else off this wire other than the P/S?
These answers will help determiine if you have a safe installation or not. Please let us know. And PS. Welcome to MP3car.com !!