Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Another Newbie need help choosing a psu

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    191

    Another Newbie need help choosing a psu

    Guys good morning. I need some help choosing the right psu for my carpc. Untill now i was thinking the m2 would be the perfect solution for me. But doing some reading i thought it would be better to ask.

    I can't spend more than 80$ and it would be good if the m2 could help my system power up well.

    The system would be a Fuzzy mobo a core duo cpu two sticks of 1gb each a laptop's dvdrw and a 2.5" hdd.

    You think the m2 can do the work.

    Also something more . Iss it a reliable solution or ur experience says that i should stay away. And finally i saw that there are two editions. What is the difference.

    Thanks in advance guys,
    Pavlos

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Feet View Post
    Guys good morning. I need some help choosing the right psu for my carpc. Untill now i was thinking the m2 would be the perfect solution for me. But doing some reading i thought it would be better to ask.

    I can't spend more than 80$ and it would be good if the m2 could help my system power up well.

    The system would be a Fuzzy mobo a core duo cpu two sticks of 1gb each a laptop's dvdrw and a 2.5" hdd.

    You think the m2 can do the work.

    Also something more . Iss it a reliable solution or ur experience says that i should stay away. And finally i saw that there are two editions. What is the difference.

    Thanks in advance guys,
    Pavlos
    I have an M3 in my system. The M3 is smaller and will fit in most any case since it plugs right into the socket on the Motherboard and takes up very little space otherwise. I have the M350 case for my motherboard and the M3 presses up against the case and I have to be careful when I put the case on but it sort of almost makes the case a secondary heat sink this way.

    The M2 is a separate board you have to mount in your case which I didn't really have room for in my case. I believe the only difference between the two styles is one runs up to 24 volts and the HV goes to 32 volts. If you have a 12volt system you want the NON HV version. If you are running a 24 volt system (such as in semi's and some other vehicles) You will want the HV version.

    My M3 supply has been working fine for me. I have no complaints. I have not tried it in my vehicle yet but so far it tests out great. I am using a 55 watt CPU and an SSD in my system using the onboard video.

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    I have an M3 in my system. The M3 is smaller and will fit in most any case since it plugs right into the socket on the Motherboard and takes up very little space otherwise. I have the M350 case for my motherboard and the M3 presses up against the case and I have to be careful when I put the case on but it sort of almost makes the case a secondary heat sink this way.

    The M2 is a separate board you have to mount in your case which I didn't really have room for in my case. I believe the only difference between the two styles is one runs up to 24 volts and the HV goes to 32 volts. If you have a 12volt system you want the NON HV version. If you are running a 24 volt system (such as in semi's and some other vehicles) You will want the HV version.

    My M3 supply has been working fine for me. I have no complaints. I have not tried it in my vehicle yet but so far it tests out great. I am using a 55 watt CPU and an SSD in my system using the onboard video.
    I dont have a space issue as my diy case is big enough even for the m4. The only thing is if it can power up the core duo 2400 and some more devices .

    So you are saying that there is no need for the m4 and the m2 will cover my needs.


    guys are these ebays m2-atx cheap chinese copies or they are the same? the shop here add another 80$ on my cart ( 40 for shipping and another 40 for customs)
    Last edited by Happy_Feet; 07-15-2013 at 04:07 AM.

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    602
    cheap Chinese copies.. don't get from ebay if you want real deal.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    cheap Chinese copies.. don't get from ebay if you want real deal.
    maybe you ll hear something that you already know. yesterday found one here ( i think i post it but cant see it ) second hand. i thought it was a bargain. tomorrow install it and it doesn't work.

    i think my self as a complete idiot. the guy who sell it to me on the other hand proved himself so clever. ...!

    edit 2: everything works well at this moment. the m2 works pretty well and the problem were on my mobo.

    anyways thanks guys for ur kind replies.
    Last edited by Happy_Feet; 07-19-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help choosing an amp.
    By quadracer111 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 09:37 PM
  2. newbie help choosing power supply
    By cmtapanes in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 12:44 PM
  3. Help choosing car PSU
    By andynw1 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 12:55 AM
  4. help choosing. ?
    By CyberManiaK in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 12:57 PM
  5. need help choosing
    By Mike12086 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 07:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •