Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110

Thread: OPUS PROBLEMS: Please post here if your Opus may have damaged your motherboard.

  1. #41
    Maximum Bitrate gizmomkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Smyrna, Ga, USA
    Posts
    778
    To clarify -

    I have a Nehemia M10000 With the 90Watt Opus - This is my second Blown 90Watt Unit. ( I chalked the first one up to a power surge, but after seeing others having the same issues im growing very frustrated)

    And I will close with this, To ther board, its members, Kris :

    "There are features that are built-in for trouble-free and safe PC operation. The input power is protected against transients, load dumps and double battery during jumpstarts. It also uses state-of-the-art technologies and the most advanced techniques to maximize efficiency, performance and reliability. Simply put, there is no other PC power supply like it "

    Thats what I paid for. Thats what I was promised, and thats certinally not what I got. If the gas station sold me gasoline that was accidentally mixed with suggar - and it blew up my car, you better damn well believe they would pay for the repair.

    This isnt like the pw-120 - It never makes any promises about regulated power. If that thing ate my project, I would keep my mouth shut - you get what you paid for.

    That power supply went bad (twice) and clearly broke its promise about transients and load dumps. I FULLY expect OPUS to make some sort of restitution for the 210.00 in hardware it ate for lunch.
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

  2. #42
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    131
    I can understand the irritation of having one product fail and ruining another product but I just checked the Opus Solutions website and the warranty info. (which every purchaser presumably read) has this statement:

    "OPUS Solutions, Inc. does not accept liability beyond the remedies set forth in this warranty statement or liability for incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation any liability for products not being available for use or for lost data or software." I'll bet you'll find something like this in the warranty for any other computer power supply or product you buy.

    I'm not a lawyer but wouldn't the "incidental or consequential damages" exclusion mean they aren't legally bound to replace a fried motherboard since the "remedies set forth" are limited to repair or replacement of a defective Opus Solutions product. There are some state-to-state variations in warranty laws that may mean that Opus can't enforce this limitation everywhere but I don't know about what states do what.

    If Opus replaces anyone's motherboard, it may be more of a goodwill gesture than a legal necessity.

    Just my 2 cents worth because it seems from what I have read hear that Opus Solutions is a very small company trying to develop products most other companies don't provide and they may not be able to absorb the cost of blown motherboards with less pain than anyone else. If it was a big corporation building yet another dc-dc converter meant to be powered by an external brick ac-dc supply, I'd be less sympathetic. I have no connection with Opus Solutions either. I will admit to heaving a selfish sigh of relief that for once I didn't get in a rush and buy one of the 90w supplies and an M10000 when I was thinking about it. I put it off because I've got too many unfinished projects in the pipe already.

    Alan

  3. #43
    Maximum Bitrate gizmomkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Smyrna, Ga, USA
    Posts
    778
    Im no lawyer ethier,
    This is not "beta" software. this is not sopposed to be a "test run"
    I am not a gunie pig.

    The PDF clearly states what voltages are present. and that power is regulated and protected. I would consider that statement to be FALSE ADVERTISING at this point.

    While I can certinally appreciate the "small town" business guy trying to give it his best...

    If the product is not "up to spec" he has no business selling it.

    That asside , how does my absorbing the cost make this any more right ? Why should I have to pay for his "design flaw" ? Some people save for weeks or months to buy these parts.
    Most people here will RMA there board to VIA. Yeah, via can handel the cost better , but thats not right. thats totally immoral.

    If a plumber put an inferior pipe in your wall and it cracked and damaged your house - He would pay for the damage.

    My local Gas Station Warrents its gas against damaging your engine.

    I hang lighting truss and Audio visual Equipment from the ceilings of buildings - my company has to cary an inshurence policy for 1 million dolars. If the equipment I hang dammages the building - MY COMPANY has to pay for it.
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

  4. #44
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    18

    Angry you need to get your info correct

    Every one should get their info correct be talking bad about a company that needs to continually keep up with the fast moving and constantly changing motherboard world. First did you know that OPUS follows the ATX standard spec right down to the last drop. Did you also know the big companies like VIA make mistakes in mother board designs and some of their board do not follow the ATX standard perfectly. It takes a while to perfect a product to work with all the types of motherboard on the market. So if you want to be a real genius why do you test all the mother board on the market and retest them every 6 to 12 mouths when factories change then and add need features etc a give OPUS a list of all the exact volts you find the are not follow the ATX standard specs. Them he can make your perfect little supply. Until then you should do your job a let him do his. And just so you an the other project builders know, OPUS did not build the supply so you can all go put little wood boxes in cars with music on them. It was made for many different applications for company who build a perfect a particular box pc etc and build multiple computers with the same set up over and over again. Do you think you small and few project people can pay the overhead it takes to run this small company (which is not so small). Look at E machines and Dell. Most people know dell is a better pc. But most people do not know why. Well I will tell you why. E machines will buy all the leftover parts from all the big companies to build 1000 of cheap pc's. They do not have the option to choose parts that work best to getter because those parts are being bought for 10 cents on the dollar. So they take what they get a build pc's with them. They patch the **** out of the driverís cd with fixes and all kind of **** so the parts will work together. YOU NEED TO PERFECT THE SYSTEM BEFORE YOU USE IT. I happen to buy 250 units per mouth for embedded systems that we build. I had only one bad that I sold to a customer and I think it was because my customer dropped the unit on the ground. I have been buy from OPUS before it was even called OPUS and I have not had half the problems that I hear others complaining about. Why do you think that is? Maybe because the power supplies are perfect and we tact the products that we use with the power supply to make sure that the motherboard is following the ATX correct specs. Then we build multiples of something that we know works.

    Think about what you are doing. You are building a so called car pc with all king of old are bull **** parts that you found are bought etc putting then in a make shift box while standing on carpet and you want to blame OPUS. I donít think so.... If you knew only half of what you think you know that still would not be enough to qualify you as a power supply expert. Keep in mind big FELLOW that electronic are more fragile that you think. Get some balls and blame the motherboard company for not having that correct input that they said they would. I know why you blame OPUS. Its because they are the only one that might hear you as VIA could care less and their bigger then OPUS so VIA so you think they are perfect. Well guess again. I like VIA but I have to say that have some crazy **** on their M/B's We read a board level at my company and somethingís they do will really make you wonder how many drugs for the VIA engineers take.

    You guys want to use gas breaking car motor etc and al kind of **** to justify a ****y project you built. Canít agree with you on that. Gas and motors are older than my great great grandmother. I guess we are getting good about making a providing gas and guaranteeing it. OPUS has only been round for 5 years. Big difference right?


    Engineers built the titanic and amateurs built the ark!!!!!

    Word of the day
    I you are going to look at products thru you as--hole at least wipe good so you donít see all ****.

    Have a good day ladies









    Quote Originally Posted by gizmomkr
    Im no lawyer ethier,
    This is not "beta" software. this is not sopposed to be a "test run"
    I am not a gunie pig.

    The PDF clearly states what voltages are present. and that power is regulated and protected. I would consider that statement to be FALSE ADVERTISING at this point.

    While I can certinally appreciate the "small town" business guy trying to give it his best...

    If the product is not "up to spec" he has no business selling it.

    That asside , how does my absorbing the cost make this any more right ? Why should I have to pay for his "design flaw" ? Some people save for weeks or months to buy these parts.
    Most people here will RMA there board to VIA. Yeah, via can handel the cost better , but thats not right. thats totally immoral.

    If a plumber put an inferior pipe in your wall and it cracked and damaged your house - He would pay for the damage.

    My local Gas Station Warrents its gas against damaging your engine.

    I hang lighting truss and Audio visual Equipment from the ceilings of buildings - my company has to cary an inshurence policy for 1 million dolars. If the equipment I hang dammages the building - MY COMPANY has to pay for it.

  5. #45
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Lol!!!

    Wow... Nice language...even better spelling!

    not that I care about opus' product or not or that anyone's mobo's got fried...but posts like this make me laugh. BTW. i'm a long time reader but I had to join (for the first time)just for this thread....

    But I was curious:

    1) Why insult the people who want to *****? Because you don't want to BlTCH? So you're going to BlTCH at the BlTCHERS? (i guess i'm BlTCHING at the BlTCHER of the BlTCHERS.)

    2) It seems that the author of this post is VERY passionate of this subject. Almost too passionate; personal is closer to the truth. Why would a person who "joined" this month be so passionate about this? Are you Kris' GF by chance?




    Quote Originally Posted by jcjc5555
    Every one should get their info correct be talking bad about a company that needs to continually keep up with the fast moving and constantly changing motherboard world. First did you know that OPUS follows the ATX standard spec right down to the last drop. Did you also know the big companies like VIA make mistakes in mother board designs and some of their board do not follow the ATX standard perfectly. It takes a while to perfect a product to work with all the types of motherboard on the market. So if you want to be a real genius why do you test all the mother board on the market and retest them every 6 to 12 mouths when factories change then and add need features etc a give OPUS a list of all the exact volts you find the are not follow the ATX standard specs. Them he can make your perfect little supply. Until then you should do your job a let him do his. And just so you an the other project builders know, OPUS did not build the supply so you can all go put little wood boxes in cars with music on them. It was made for many different applications for company who build a perfect a particular box pc etc and build multiple computers with the same set up over and over again. Do you think you small and few project people can pay the overhead it takes to run this small company (which is not so small). Look at E machines and Dell. Most people know dell is a better pc. But most people do not know why. Well I will tell you why. E machines will buy all the leftover parts from all the big companies to build 1000 of cheap pc's. They do not have the option to choose parts that work best to getter because those parts are being bought for 10 cents on the dollar. So they take what they get a build pc's with them. They patch the **** out of the driverís cd with fixes and all kind of **** so the parts will work together. YOU NEED TO PERFECT THE SYSTEM BEFORE YOU USE IT. I happen to buy 250 units per mouth for embedded systems that we build. I had only one bad that I sold to a customer and I think it was because my customer dropped the unit on the ground. I have been buy from OPUS before it was even called OPUS and I have not had half the problems that I hear others complaining about. Why do you think that is? Maybe because the power supplies are perfect and we tact the products that we use with the power supply to make sure that the motherboard is following the ATX correct specs. Then we build multiples of something that we know works.

    Think about what you are doing. You are building a so called car pc with all king of old are bull **** parts that you found are bought etc putting then in a make shift box while standing on carpet and you want to blame OPUS. I donít think so.... If you knew only half of what you think you know that still would not be enough to qualify you as a power supply expert. Keep in mind big FELLOW that electronic are more fragile that you think. Get some balls and blame the motherboard company for not having that correct input that they said they would. I know why you blame OPUS. Its because they are the only one that might hear you as VIA could care less and their bigger then OPUS so VIA so you think they are perfect. Well guess again. I like VIA but I have to say that have some crazy **** on their M/B's We read a board level at my company and somethingís they do will really make you wonder how many drugs for the VIA engineers take.

    You guys want to use gas breaking car motor etc and al kind of **** to justify a ****y project you built. Canít agree with you on that. Gas and motors are older than my great great grandmother. I guess we are getting good about making a providing gas and guaranteeing it. OPUS has only been round for 5 years. Big difference right?


    Engineers built the titanic and amateurs built the ark!!!!!

    Word of the day
    I you are going to look at products thru you as--hole at least wipe good so you donít see all ****.

    Have a good day ladies

  6. #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    18

    Talking i see

    Well I did I meet Kris once and told him how much I appreciated him for doing something not many people would do. Also, that I make a very good living because of him. So, no I am not Kris. And as far as spelling, I am tired and typing fast. Then again we are not having a speeeelling contest at this moment. I think people should ***** a little about things but only after they have all the info. My point is why give OPUS a bad rap on the net which is where some of his business comes from if he is building something for these kind of people. Why not get together a try to help him make adjustments to the units can work with all the incorrect M/B that are on the market instead for attacking him like he is trying to send out bad P/S and wrong info. So far he as been straight with me.

    I logged approx 773 total 150w P/S and 402 total 90w P/S sold.
    1 bad
    15 lost in shipping
    8 water damage
    1 was OPUS defect.
    The rest all still working


    Looks good to me. What do you think?


    quote for you:
    If you are going to have you head in your *** dont open you mouth becuase you may start to talk ****.

    I am just i a crazy mood so dont cry about a nasty word are two

    GOOD DAY







    Quote Originally Posted by LoSz
    Wow... Nice language...even better spelling!

    not that I care about opus' product or not or that anyone's mobo's got fried...but posts like this make me laugh. BTW. i'm a long time reader but I had to join (for the first time)just for this thread....

    But I was curious:

    1) Why insult the people who want to *****? Because you don't want to BlTCH? So you're going to BlTCH at the BlTCHERS? (i guess i'm BlTCHING at the BlTCHER of the BlTCHERS.)

    2) It seems that the author of this post is VERY passionate of this subject. Almost too passionate; personal is closer to the truth. Why would a person who "joined" this month be so passionate about this? Are you Kris' GF by chance?

  7. #47
    Newbie mrgerbik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    45

    wow

    wow quite the post ... seems almost surreal. Freaking out over a power supply! I thought people had much bigger problems then this!
    It seems to me that these people have a right to complain, considering the circumstances. Until the problem is properly diagnosed, YOU have just as little right ****ing on everybodys parades as they do on OPUS. Do you know 100 percent that it is the mobo and not the PSU?

  8. #48
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    18

    you are right

    I do have a lot to do. But I do like when things are not researched before their mouth opens. I am sure you know some people like that.

    Yes I know that the VIA M/B's and a select few like Soyo Dragon Plus and ECS do not use the correct ATX format for whatever reason. I am VP of a software firm that uses the OPUS supply 150w and 90w and we test all parts. Not just the one part from the smaller company out the group. Itís to easy to blame OPUS and not VIA etc. Why? Because VIA will not here you. I am normally just a reader be I like to keep update on certain issues.

    The reason I want to not just **** but **** on the parade is not even to help Opus as it is to help other how may be thinking about getting a good P/S and now are not sure. SO now these people need to put some jump in their car with a big inverter (which is not safe) because they think OPUS sucks. What about this people missing out on a good P/S because the facts are not correct. IF there were many people like OPUS then may I would not care. But as of now there is only one type of P/S that can do it all and that is OPUS. Remember bad press all ways travels faster then good press.

    later



    Quote Originally Posted by mrgerbik
    wow quite the post ... seems almost surreal. Freaking out over a power supply! I thought people had much bigger problems then this!
    It seems to me that these people have a right to complain, considering the circumstances. Until the problem is properly diagnosed, YOU have just as little right ****ing on everybodys parades as they do on OPUS. Do you know 100 percent that it is the mobo and not the PSU?

  9. #49
    Low Bitrate Richie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sweden - Stockholm
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by none
    Knew about the Sproggy... And for what I've heard from Mastero I shouldn't use it... Don't remember if it was because of my M10000 board or if it was something else... But I remember that I by some reason shouldn't use one...

    Though the MPBS1 is something new for me! How is it compared to the Opus and so? Now I'll have to some (always wanted to use that smiley since we didn't have it at zatzy.com

  10. #50
    Maximum Bitrate PTCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    476
    Compabilty between Epia M and DIY supply like sprrog, mastero, zootjeff is a big problem...

    They work perfectly with a epia 800 but not via a epia M.

    AND you don't have a shutdown ctrl with those supply.

    Note: I'am waiting for my opus 90W (ordred 5 unit) Really hope that the problem will be solve. Opus 150W was a perfect unit...hope the 90W will be has good!wa
    Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •