Troubleshooting 150W Opus (turns off after 20-30 mins)
From the start:
1) All original testing was done on a normal atx power supply with no problems.
2) Once i recieved the OPUS i installed that and powered it through 12V / 150W AC/DC supply. Ever since that was done my computer would work for about 25-35 minutes and just turn off (not through a shutdown sequence), it just cuts off the power. Naturally, having faith in the opus and after reading the spec on my AC/DC I figured the overload circuit was the cause on my AC/DC. All I would have to do, is cycle the ac power and it came right back up with no problems, but the problem persisted.
3) I was pretty unimpressed that after i installed the computer in my car I ran into the same problem. After checking all connections a dozen of times I turned back to the OPUS spec.
After the power cuts off the opus enters the 4 flash sequence...
Taken right from opus spec:
1) Wiring of the power switch is correct. After all it turns on/off fine in the period > 30 mins.
2) ATX motherboard settings > Set to S3 with all powerdowns etc. (EPIA MII)
3) ACPI enabled
4) ACPI enabled in XP
5) Application compatible with ACPI? I guess so.
6) Locked up mobo > works fine with direct ATX ps.
7) Faulty Opus > I hope not, but i have a feeling it is.
Few more things:
I am powering my Lilliput through the 12V line on the opus. (About 9W right?) So the 10A max on the 12V line shouldnt cause any problems.
I am also running my usb hub through the 5V line from the opus. However i just realized today that there is a separate 5V standby line (1 Amp) and a +5V line (10A). I dont think that this would be the problem, but I'm going to test it in a second.
Any thoughts? I sure hope it's not the opus. I've waited a long time for it! :(