OPUS 150w keeps killing my battery. Need help!
I have a custom pc in the trunk of my vw passat. I have the OPUS 150w PS correctly connected between the PS and the Mobo. I have the RED wire (12v battery) powered from the factory radio's harness which in VWs, gives power even with the key off, so I use the radio spot in factory fuse box as a computer fuse now. Then I have the YELLOW wire (trigger) running to a switch, which gets its power from being tapped off a cigarette lighter. The BLACK (ground) wire taps into the cigarette lighter ground.
Anyway, when I flip my switch to turn off the feed to the yellow wire, the computer shuts down as expected "Windows is shutting down" follows by the mobo turning off and the OPUS status light blinking once every 3 seconds.
Here's the problem. When I don't drive my car for a couple of days, it won't start! I would boost it with a power pack I have in the trunk, drive around for a long while, then when I would turn it off the car still wouldn't start the next time. In order to diagnose the origin of the problem, I unplugged the OPUS compeltely from the car and every since the I've had ZERO problems starting the car.
Does anyone know how I can cure this problem? The whole point of buying the Opus was to be able to have windows shut down normally when I turned off the acc. switch. I also thought the Opus was supposed to protect your battery from dying. I thoguht about just wiring both the yellow and red wires up to my switch, but that would defeat the purpose of having the opus in the first place because as soon as I'd turn the switch to the off position, the computer would abruptly shut down, which is something I obviously don't want.
Thanks for any help you can offer!!!