What is the data on your setup, like cpu, ram, power wire size (to opus), is the car running, any other stuff you can think of?
My opus was running fine, but now it has been randomly restarting and it is realy ****ing me off. It restarts randomnly e.g whilst watching a film etc.
Btw its a 150w
That is a good idea. Test it by taking the PC inside and running it off standard ATX supply for a bit.
As to where to start troubleshooting a pc that randomly reboots (note that you must run the pc for several days or until you notice it randomly rebooting again after each step):
1) replace (or swap w/ another pc) the ram. If that doesn't work, goto 2.
2) format and reinstall. If not fix, goto 3.
3) Power supply replace/swap. In not fix, goto 4.
4) disconnect everything from motherboard except hard drive and video (also remove all pci/isa/other cards. If not fixed, goto 5. Otherwise, one of those components is the problem.
5) cpu swap/replace. If not fixed, goto 6.
6) Motherboard may be bad.
Yeah i think its overdraw, how do i underclock a p4 2.4, i mean what setting sould i set it at. E.g. ??Fsb and what multiplier?, also can there be any sort of damage of underclocking.
Its a :
Mini atx mobo
1x stick 256Mb DDR ram
Full 3.5inch hd 40gb
USB Gps Rikaline 6010
If you can't underclock, you can try running drives off of another 12v power supply to relieve the opus a little, just trigger the source from the opus & you'll never know the difference, but I would recommend common grounds. it may just be as simple as powering your dvd drive seperately, or you may need to remove another accessory or two, or just power a usb hub seperate from the opus, depends on how overloaded your opus is...
Iv got a pw-120v so how do i use that in conjuction with opus?