Ok, I'm having one big problem with my Morex 80w car kit. After waiting for 3 weeks for it to be shipped, I hooked it up with the 4 wire cable via cigarette lighter, and hooked up the motherboard power switch header, and installed a puhsbutton onto the psu board.

Here's what happens:
I plug it into cigarette lighter, and there is a short 'pop'. Nothing happens.
I try all kinds of wiring combinations, even reversing the power cable but nothing. I checked the cig. lighter socket, reads 12.1 volts.

Is this a dead psu?



I've searched. Possibly the pop was a sign that something was fried?
I hope not.