When power is connected to the Opus there is a green LED that blinks, is this significant...?
Okay, I have a 90W Opus, had it all mounted and working fine. Wired to the battery with 10 gauge and an inline 10A fuse, ugnition lead, starts up, shuts down, no problem.
Tonight I neede to re-route some cables so I removed the fuse on the +ive line first, disconnected the spade connectors and re-routed them. Wired it all back up and.... nothing! PC will not power up.
The inline fuse is ok, there is 12v at the PC. MB is ok, it will run off an ATX power supply. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary other than the fuse sparking as I put it in the holder, it's ok though, as is the fuse on the Opus.
Any ideas? Could I fry it that easily?
is the battery dyeing? just something to consider checking with a multimeter.
I second thatOriginally Posted by KyleYankan
are their green and white wires on there? if so switch the ones on your mobo around (the one that sends a signal to the board to tune on)Originally Posted by ukchris
Originally Posted by ukchris
How many blinks are you getting?
I'll check the blinks, I bought the Opus used and didn't get a manual so I didn't know about the blinks. Pretty sure the battery is ok, I'll go and check the blinks and comr back, only noticed it flashing last night and never thought to look for patterns.
I'll report back soon, thanks for all the help!
One flash, long pause = low voltage!!
Thanks all, haven't got time to crank it up now as I have to run out in the other car but will confirm later and report back. Thanks for having the patience to respond to what I now see is a bit of a trivial question, it is much appreciated.
And so it continues...
After deciding it was the voltage I put everythign back together and started the car, no PC. Still the one flash from the Opus then a 4 second pause, one flash etc.
The voltage measured at the battery and at the spade connectors by the PC shows 13.89V with the car running, that should be fine shoudn't it?
The Opus did not start the PC, simialrly it will not start if I jump the power connectors, my Opus isn't happy. Could the one flash mean something else?
I'm pretty sure the connector on the Opus itself only fits one way up so I couldn't have switched that, any other ideas?