Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: dsatx question

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate gameboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Posts
    294

    Post dsatx question

    i have the dsatx, and i'dd like to hookup my tview to the aux port(if that's what it is for)

    do i have to do anything special, or can i just solder some wires from the switch on to the tview lcd, to a jumper that i can connect to the power supply?


    thanks
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

    2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

    Worklog

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate gameboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Posts
    294
    bump .... 33 views
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

    2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

    Worklog

  3. #3
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Does the tview have auto-on?

  4. #4
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy
    i have the dsatx, and i'dd like to hookup my tview to the aux port(if that's what it is for)

    do i have to do anything special, or can i just solder some wires from the switch on to the tview lcd, to a jumper that i can connect to the power supply?


    thanks
    The AuxSW pin is an open collector output. It will pull a signal to ground. You can also hook up a relay to it to make it do other things. It really depends on what you want to hook to it.
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate gameboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Does the tview have auto-on?
    no
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

    2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

    Worklog

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate gameboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by zootjeff
    The AuxSW pin is an open collector output. It will pull a signal to ground. You can also hook up a relay to it to make it do other things. It really depends on what you want to hook to it.
    if i have it pull a relay, will it acutally put a long enough pulse out on it, to energize the relay?

    can u give me a diagram for setting it up for a relay?(like were to pull the v+ from as to not overload anything or short anything out)

    and if i have it pull a relay, i do need a diode between the relay coils right?
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

    2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

    Worklog

  7. #7
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy
    if i have it pull a relay, will it acutally put a long enough pulse out on it, to energize the relay?

    can u give me a diagram for setting it up for a relay?(like were to pull the v+ from as to not overload anything or short anything out)

    and if i have it pull a relay, i do need a diode between the relay coils right?
    A diode would be good.

    Do you want a pulse? or an always on? right now the AUX line does an always on.

    -Jeff
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate gameboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Posts
    294
    was looking for a pulse, will have to find that diagram elsewhere on this forum to convert always on to pulse.


    also, does the dsatx force-ably shutdown a computer if it is lockedup during shutdown?(remove power to mobo if it does not shutdown after it is told)
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

    2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

    Worklog

  9. #9
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy
    was looking for a pulse, will have to find that diagram elsewhere on this forum to convert always on to pulse.


    also, does the dsatx force-ably shutdown a computer if it is lockedup during shutdown?(remove power to mobo if it does not shutdown after it is told)

    Yes if 90 seconds goes by and the computer fails to shutdown, it will pull the plug.

    -Jeff
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Similar Threads

  1. DSATX Power Supply on LV-673 MoBo
    By Caelric in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
  2. DSATX and PCI Sound
    By speedjunkie in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 04:45 PM
  3. My DSATX 220w experience
    By tj!2k4 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 09:47 PM
  4. Forum Etiquette
    By Enforcer in forum Newbie
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 06:58 PM
  5. DVD drive question
    By Pokey in forum Newbie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •