Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Fix for M2-ATX and Jetway!

  1. #1
    VENDOR - ITuner/MiniBox
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    112

    Fix for M2-ATX and Jetway!

    Looks like I was able to nail a problem with all the Jetway MotherBoards firing up with M2-ATX and possibly other types of PSUs, especiually at low temps.

    Problem explained:

    When a PSU starts up, some rails tend to 'overshoot', which is OK, if the PSU is designed well and if the overshoot is no greater that 5% on a specific rail.

    Looks like the Jetway boards are really fussy on the 12V rail, during the startup sequence. If voltage goes over 12.5V at startup (BTW, within the ATX spec), the boards will fail to post, ESPECIALLY at low temperatures. Please note that this problem happened on only 5% of their motherboards, the rest work ok! (but enough to give us a huge headache)

    While trying to find a fix to this problem I realized that this is a Jetway M/B specific problem. As we also distribute Jetway Morherbords, I called Jetway support. To my amazement, Jetway/Taiwan fixed the problem in less than 3 days! (Try this with VIA, hehe).

    Voila, now all Jetway motherboards can now 'overshoot' the 12V rail and guess what... You can take the 12V rail up to 14.5V now. (do not try this at home).

    What is also very impressive, is that we tested the Jetway M/B at -40Celsius and the M/B started every single time. We used a Half-Cube temperature test chamber, -40C is the max that this chamber can produce.

    Starting Jan-15-2007, all Jetway motherbords will include this fix.

    -Best,
    Andrei

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate Rillee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    62
    So i should replace my jetway board instead of my m2-atx, because im having boot problems?

  3. #3
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Rillee View Post
    So i should replace my jetway board instead of my m2-atx, because im having boot problems?
    Sounds about right.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    39
    so what does changing C35 do then????? does it stop it from "overshooting"??

    good to know what the problem is tho!


    Ralph

  5. #5
    VENDOR - ITuner/MiniBox
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    112
    The C35 change on M2-ATX is addressing some timing problems, not affecting the Jetway issue....

    Staritng next week all M2-ATX will also have C35 modified to 10nF. I will post soon the M2-ATX revision changes (minor).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphh85 View Post
    so what does changing C35 do then????? does it stop it from "overshooting"??

    good to know what the problem is tho!


    Ralph

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31

    Thumbs up

    I have the same problem with the jetway 1.5 and m2 psu. I bought mine from cartft.com few weeks back. If I send mine back to them and explain to them about the fix how will I know the new motherboard they send me wil have the fix on it?

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate Rillee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sajeev View Post
    I have the same problem with the jetway 1.5 and m2 psu. I bought mine from cartft.com few weeks back. If I send mine back to them and explain to them about the fix how will I know the new motherboard they send me wil have the fix on it?
    im also going to send back my jetway 1.5 to cartft.com. They told me too send it back in the end of January, and i will also get the newest version of the m2-atx. I hope this will fix my boot problems.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    How do I know if I have a revised version or not? I bought three boards within the last month(dec 2006). I have these boot issues and now one of my boards don't even boot up bios. Please respond back with anything you know.

    specs: m2-atx and 512 ram on jetway c7 board.

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    I'm about to order a Jetway M/B and M2-ATX. How can I know if the MB is the new revision? What should i ask the supplier? (I want to ask him if it's the new revision before ordering it)
    Thanks...

  10. #10
    Kai
    Kai is offline
    Newbie Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, PA
    Posts
    13

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
    Looks like I was able to nail a problem with all the Jetway MotherBoards firing up with M2-ATX and possibly other types of PSUs, especiually at low temps.

    Problem explained:

    When a PSU starts up, some rails tend to 'overshoot', which is OK, if the PSU is designed well and if the overshoot is no greater that 5% on a specific rail.

    Looks like the Jetway boards are really fussy on the 12V rail, during the startup sequence. If voltage goes over 12.5V at startup (BTW, within the ATX spec), the boards will fail to post, ESPECIALLY at low temperatures. Please note that this problem happened on only 5% of their motherboards, the rest work ok! (but enough to give us a huge headache)

    While trying to find a fix to this problem I realized that this is a Jetway M/B specific problem. As we also distribute Jetway Morherbords, I called Jetway support. To my amazement, Jetway/Taiwan fixed the problem in less than 3 days! (Try this with VIA, hehe).

    Voila, now all Jetway motherboards can now 'overshoot' the 12V rail and guess what... You can take the 12V rail up to 14.5V now. (do not try this at home).
    What does this translate to in visible terms to the computer user? As in motherboard turns and does this, while that doesn't do that.

    I have a Jetway low power and am wondering if that is the exact problem I'm having or not. The problem seems to have surfaced with freezing temperatures. It was fine before.

    Motherboard will power-up
    LED on
    cpu fan goes on
    BEEP
    keyboard light goes on, then goes off....no keyboard power
    vga screen does nothing....no vga power
    motherboard continues to run LED and fan
    USB CD-rom also appears to have power

    Same exact thing or no?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jetway 7F2WE-1G5-OC motherboard problem with bios
    By sajeev in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
  2. Jetway C7 1.5GHz or OPUS 250w
    By ryan-neil in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
  3. Jetway 7f2we-f bios
    By sajeev in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 05:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •