Carputer not posting/booting
Hi! I was hoping to get some help, I didn't find much from searching the forum but I apologize in advance if i missed a post on this topic.
My computer won't post on car power, the computer will start automatically on car power, the fans will begin to spin but it doesn't post or boot to OS. I know it doesn't get to posting b/c there is no posting beep.
The puter runs fine on wall outlet power, posting and booting normally.
- I am running a EPIA VIA MII mobo,
- PicoPSU-60W/80W max ATX power supply (I've been testing w/o any peripherals attached so those don't come into consideration in terms of power consumption)
- I am also using a CNX-P1900 as my power supply controller.
What I've tried while troubleshooting:
- Like I said above, the puter runs fine on house outlet power w/ adapter
- I've also checked to see if the problem was related to the auto-start signal from the P1900, but I the same problem occurs when using a manual start switch while on car power. Also, the puter auto-starts and auto-shuts down when the car is turned on and off, so I think that is working properly.
- I've checked the actual output voltage from the P1900 and it seems sufficient and constant (I have the 1900 jumpered to 20V).
- :puke: (i just thought this smile was funny)
- One thing that occurs to me now, that I haven't checked yet is to ensure the power line is grounded appropriately -- it should be (else the puter shouldn't start at all) but I will have to double check that.
Any suggestions as to a solution would be much appreciated, thanks in advance for the help!