Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 353

Thread: Voice activated navigation for routis!

  1. #171
    Maximum Bitrate GruvThang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683
    wow, ok guys I just reread this entire thread.
    Not to step on anyones toes and with 0l33l's permission, I think for simplicity the thread should be "cleaned" or, with the developer's approval, I would nominate it for a dedicated sub-forum. I think it is needed because of the nature of developing (support, bugs, updates, etc..) This is a continually evolving work and there are at least 3 different links(and versions) to be gotten in this thread alone.
    Just trying to help everyone out!
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

  2. #172
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by GruvThang
    wow, ok guys I just reread this entire thread.
    Not to step on anyones toes and with 0l33l's permission, I think for simplicity the thread should be "cleaned" or, with the developer's approval, I would nominate it for a dedicated sub-forum. I think it is needed because of the nature of developing (support, bugs, updates, etc..) This is a continually evolving work and there are at least 3 different links(and versions) to be gotten in this thread alone.
    Just trying to help everyone out!
    I wouldn't mind

    Things I made yestuday: turn off mic feature with turn on. With the mic off it will ignore all commands except turn on/off mic. And I made it so you can have favorties in a different state

  3. #173
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro-A4
    Instead of saying "Pay Attention" you could use "Navigator" and it would respond with "Yes or How Can I help You" Then you speak your comand: "Enter Destination Home". You don't use the word Navigator much in a regular conversation so it woun't pick up to many thinks when your talking.
    Yes, you could just change 'navigation' to 'navigator'. That's the beauty of a fully customizable config file

    Quote Originally Posted by MoFo
    Not a bad idea...sometimes it is a pain saying a bunch of commands at once. Ex: navigation zoom in, navigation zoom in, navigation 3d view off, navigation heading up.
    I tried taking out the "navigation" part but then it would accept a bunch of random commands.

    Perhaps a 'pay attention', like judoGTI said, or any other initiating voice command that will activate the mic for certain period time is just what we need..
    Like I could maybe have a timeout, which is reset every time you enter a new command. So you say 'navigator' and it starts listening for 30 seconds, then you enter something and it resets again to 30 seconds

  4. #174
    Maximum Bitrate carpcnoobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I wouldn't mind

    Things I made yestuday: turn off mic feature with turn on. With the mic off it will ignore all commands except turn on/off mic. And I made it so you can have favorties in a different state

    Is there a new download for this feature??

    Also, is there a way to make it wait a few seconds or turn the mic off when Routis is talking? I've had it try to listen to 'Chatty Cathy' and make commands. :O

    Also, it may just be me, but for some reason, cancelling route starts Routis again.
    Progress Meter:

    [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

    It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

    "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

  5. #175
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by carpcnoobie
    Is there a new download for this feature??

    Also, is there a way to make it wait a few seconds or turn the mic off when Routis is talking? I've had it try to listen to 'Chatty Cathy' and make commands. :O

    Also, it may just be me, but for some reason, cancelling route starts Routis again.
    You mean it responds to the voice conformation and repeats the same command?? I cannot get it to check when routis is talking

    I'll look into why it starts routis on my end

  6. #176
    Maximum Bitrate carpcnoobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    You mean it responds to the voice conformation and repeats the same command?? I cannot get it to check when routis is talking

    I'll look into why it starts routis on my end

    Well, you'll hear the voice confirmation say "B" or "V" or some letter that it THINKS it hears. Not always, just something I've noticed on occasion.

    Is the mic on and off available yet?
    Progress Meter:

    [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

    It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

    "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

  7. #177
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by carpcnoobie
    Well, you'll hear the voice confirmation say "B" or "V" or some letter that it THINKS it hears. Not always, just something I've noticed on occasion.
    This happens when ____________________.

    Is the mic on and off available yet?
    It'll be available once I get the listen for x seconds function to work

  8. #178
    Maximum Bitrate carpcnoobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    This happens when ____________________.


    It'll be available once I get the listen for x seconds function to work


    This happens when Routis (Chatty Cathy) gives directions. ie.

    Chatty Cathy - "In 400 ft. turn left'"
    RoutisVoice - "B"
    Progress Meter:

    [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

    It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

    "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

  9. #179
    It's not really that small...No, seriously. judoGTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,049
    Maybe Routis Voice is just looking for a date?
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

  10. #180
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by judoGTI
    Maybe Routis Voice is just looking for a date?
    This is one reason I added the mute mic feature. And I'll try to add the listen for x seconds feature today.

Similar Threads

  1. Voice activated Light switch
    By surfer6262 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 07:48 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
  3. Voice Activated software
    By heezer7 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:00 AM
  4. Voice Activated App - Need Team
    By kovan in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:44 AM
  5. BMW pre-installed system - TFT ?
    By tsingsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 03:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •