Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: NaviVoice v1.2 Release!

  1. #41
    Variable Bitrate aguila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    That's ok I'd recommend a gutted logitech noise-canceling mic (non-usb) if you want to wire it up to the computer and stick in the sunvisor, or a jabra headset if you want to go bluetooth.

    I might be getting a Xenarc from you soon
    is there a specific logitech you recommend?
    MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/31991-audi-tt.html

  2. #42
    Maximum Bitrate DaveDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenacres, WA
    Posts
    604
    Sorry about posting in the 1.1 thread, I actually have ver 1.2.

    Still do not have voice output from NaviVoice. Frodo and Iguidance both have voice output. I've installed the wizard and invisible characters.

    If I enable the balloon it shows output.


    I have SAPI 6 installed from Office 2003 , do I need to also install SAPI 4?

    I installed the SAPI 5.1 microsoft voices and the agent from your links in the NaviVoice.htm file

    Perhaps if the htm file specifically listed the required downloads, rather than a link to a listing of several downloads. I dunno, I'd just like it to work.

  3. #43
    Maximum Bitrate grepzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    VaBch VA
    Posts
    575
    silly ascii feature request:

    Say "Tell me a joke"
    NaviVoice reads a random line from a joke file. "Why was the blonde fired from the M&M factory? --- for throwing out all the 'W's"

    Say "Give me a speeding excuse"
    NaviVoice reads a random line from SpeedingExcuse file.. "my wife left me for a cop... thought you were trying to give her back"

    oh.. and auto dim music/movie/GPS while doing so.
    •Micke

  4. #44
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDog
    Sorry about posting in the 1.1 thread, I actually have ver 1.2.

    Still do not have voice output from NaviVoice. Frodo and Iguidance both have voice output. I've installed the wizard and invisible characters.

    If I enable the balloon it shows output.


    I have SAPI 6 installed from Office 2003 , do I need to also install SAPI 4?

    I installed the SAPI 5.1 microsoft voices and the agent from your links in the NaviVoice.htm file

    Perhaps if the htm file specifically listed the required downloads, rather than a link to a listing of several downloads. I dunno, I'd just like it to work.
    You need SPAI 4. I've had this problem with Motoko and after he installed it it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by grepzen
    silly ascii feature request:

    Say "Tell me a joke"
    NaviVoice reads a random line from a joke file. "Why was the blonde fired from the M&M factory? --- for throwing out all the 'W's"

    Say "Give me a speeding excuse"
    NaviVoice reads a random line from SpeedingExcuse file.. "my wife left me for a cop... thought you were trying to give her back"

    oh.. and auto dim music/movie/GPS while doing so.
    That's much later My first priority is to get rid of the XML file alltogether and put everything in the INI file, and also make adding commands at runtime possible (so I could get the names of songs, etc and play them ).

  5. #45
    Maximum Bitrate grepzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    VaBch VA
    Posts
    575
    getting RID of XML? ok but i think you should replace all your light bulbs w/ candles first. How 'bout we make a nice config program for ya (and the users) so we can keep the config in a very feature rich format?

    Hell.. i could write a web.config page.. come to website.. pick options..press 'go' and have config emailed to ya.. --- well.. and do the same w/in NaviVoice or any other for that matter.

    INI file? --really?
    •Micke

  6. #46
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by grepzen
    getting RID of XML? ok but i think you should replace all your light bulbs w/ candles first. How 'bout we make a nice config program for ya (and the users) so we can keep the config in a very feature rich format?

    Hell.. i could write a web.config page.. come to website.. pick options..press 'go' and have config emailed to ya.. --- well.. and do the same w/in NaviVoice or any other for that matter.

    INI file? --really?
    Well, first off, I want to have NaviVoice add voice commands while running. I cannot do this because of the XML file. If I put everything into the INI file it will be easy for me to read and write to, and make a config program for. The actual XML file for SAPI is limited in what it can support. Plus, I can't add stuff at runtime

  7. #47
    Maximum Bitrate grepzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    VaBch VA
    Posts
    575
    ok
    •Micke

  8. #48
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by grepzen
    ok
    Yeh. Load times will not be affected. I will probably just load the INI file into memory, and this will decrease disk access times.

    Any reasons why you think I should stick to XML?

  9. #49
    Maximum Bitrate grepzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    VaBch VA
    Posts
    575
    I didn't know that XML couldn't be loaded live (like the INI)
    I'm a web programmer, and have a special place in my heart for XML. But that doesn't make it your next great thing.

    · OTOH, INI is a simple name/value pair list and may be idealy suited for NaviVoice.
    · XML makes for a pretty nifty data tool. ---perhaps notf or your app. --I'm not gona evangelize for XML... that's not what I do.
    •Micke

  10. #50
    Maximum Bitrate grepzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    VaBch VA
    Posts
    575
    I know that in a group of programmers.. any given problem will have a number of workable solutions. I haven't played w/ NaviVoice (yet) and I don't know what you're doing for a back end.

    IMHO.. a web configure screen could spit out either INI or XML just easy and thus make for an easy solution to 'wizard' a config for NV (or frodo for that matter --hint hint) yeah yeah.. a webserver is req'd .. but those are so easy to makehappen I think it's bearly an issue.

    I'm just tossin' stuff out there. take what ya like..
    •Micke

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NaviVoice v1.1 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 12:10 AM
  2. NaviVoice v1 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:13 PM
  3. NaviVoice v.9 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 10:37 PM
  4. NaviVoice v.8 PREVEIW!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 11:34 PM
  5. NaviVoice v.7 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •