Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Enable/disable certain commands

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate Mañana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    761

    Enable/disable certain commands

    Is there any way to enable/disable certain commands in navivoice?
    For example the typeing ability, since its quite irritateing when the computer thinks that even the smallest sound from the background is an order type a letter.

    (hope someone gets it this time)

  2. #2
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Mañana
    Is there any way to enable/disable certain commands in navivoice?
    For example the typeing ability, since its quite irritateing when the computer thinks that even the smallest sound from the background is an order type a letter.

    (hope someone gets it this time)
    Well, for one the computer shouldn't be listening all the time. That's why we have the "Boris" (listen for 10 sec) command and the "done" command. If you say "done" then the comptuer won't do anything until you say "Boris" again, in which you will have a 10 second timeframe to do what you want, and the time gets reset everytime you do a command. Also train the computer better, just doing 1 training session does not even cover the bare minimum. I did 2 training sessions and I can have voice control over navigation and frodo while listening to rap.

    To disable a command, just delete/comment out from the XML file.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate Mañana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    761
    i meant while listening is enabled. I know its just for a short moment, but even if i just breath a little to loud i get this problem =( Think i will delete the commands from the xml file since i dont ever use em =)

  4. #4
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Mañana
    i meant while listening is enabled. I know its just for a short moment, but even if i just breath a little to loud i get this problem =( Think i will delete the commands from the xml file since i dont ever use em =)
    Ok. But you should change some of the settings in the speech control panel.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Speech -> Settings -> Uncheck background adaptation, and play with the accuracy settings. That should get rid of the breate command

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    654
    i reccommend for people also to make a voice feedback command for when you say "done"

    I was having tons of problems even saying done till I gave it feedback. now I know exactly when the mic is listening actively or passively.

    your post here is commonly asked, im surprised o13313430201-03 hasnt reccommended "train more" as he has for the rest of us who have commented on this issue

  6. #6
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
    i reccommend for people also to make a voice feedback command for when you say "done"

    I was having tons of problems even saying done till I gave it feedback. now I know exactly when the mic is listening actively or passively.

    your post here is commonly asked, im surprised o13313430201-03 hasnt reccommended "train more" as he has for the rest of us who have commented on this issue
    I'm happy that you enjoy the voice feedback Now go tryout the config program, you should enjoy NaviVoice a bit more

    Ok.... you guys need to practice more

Similar Threads

  1. Web Commands in 1.09
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 03:28 AM
  2. Serial Commands with MediaEngine
    By angeLCD in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:49 AM
  3. Newbie to CoPilot 2003 - pan voice commands
    By RoundSparrow in forum GPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 04:04 PM
  4. Dragon winamp commands
    By Ice9 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2002, 01:45 AM
  5. Voice commands
    By droog in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-1999, 03:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •