Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The New Name of NaviVoice...

  1. #1
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516

    Arrow The New Name of NaviVoice...

    A lot thought has been put into this.

    The next version of NaviVoice (totally rewritten) will be called PowerVoice or PV for short.
    This change is to reflect the change of NaviVoice from the navigation category to include total control of the computer. So the new name is more encompassign of its new features

    Thanks to NJ_Jackals for coming up with the name

  2. #2
    Underachiever ACHIEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Up in dat ass Ranking: Mr. 25,000!!! :) Posts: 10000 +
    Posts
    586
    Per-Vert, or PV for short.

    J/K I like the new name, it was time to bring it up to date.

  3. #3
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHIEVER
    Per-Vert, or PV for short.

    J/K I like the new name, it was time to bring it up to date.


    I'll make the XML version of PV suite its name

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate DiNASTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Concord, California
    Posts
    598
    0l33l,
    How far along are you with the new version? I have been anxious to give your software a try but I still need to get a mic. Also, I read somewhere that NV is quite tedious to setup. Will PV be easier to get going?

  5. #5
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by DiNASTY
    0l33l,
    How far along are you with the new version? I have been anxious to give your software a try but I still need to get a mic. Also, I read somewhere that NV is quite tedious to setup. Will PV be easier to get going?
    Well, I haven't started on the new version yet. I need to work on converting some VB SAPI code I have that doesn't require the XML file, so I can make it on the fly from my master XML file.
    It should be easier to set up.

    Once you get NV setup, its easy to use

  6. #6
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    I dont think navivoice is hard to setup at all. I mean he gives a numerical value to both commands and responses so its a simple matter of matching and changing values to suit ur taste.

  7. #7
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02
    I dont think navivoice is hard to setup at all. I mean he gives a numerical value to both commands and responses so its a simple matter of matching and changing values to suit ur taste.
    Yeh... but I guess some people have a hard time understanding that concept... esp when the values are scattered all over the INI file

  8. #8
    FLAC J187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,237
    I would have thought Simply VoiceControl would have been more to the point and has a nicer ring to it, but PV certainly isn't bad. I am yet to try your software, but I recently recieved my logitech NC mic and stripped it of it's enormous black banana sheath
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryuandwings View Post
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

  9. #9
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by J187
    I would have thought Simply VoiceControl would have been more to the point and has a nicer ring to it, but PV certainly isn't bad. I am yet to try your software, but I recently recieved my logitech NC mic and stripped it of it's enormous black banana sheath
    Well, simply would imply that it is simple, i.e. not advanced
    See if the stripped logitech is as good as a nonstripped logitech. From what I hear those fins were put there for a reason.

  10. #10
    FLAC J187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,237
    So far on my laptop the mic seems to record just as well as it did before the desheathing. I will test it out on PV soon. What have heard, lack of clarity or poor proximics?
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryuandwings View Post
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Downloaded NaviVoice, nothing!
    By Psychobiker in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:08 AM
  2. MapMonkey problems with NaviVoice w/screenshot
    By organasised in forum PV Bugs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 12:00 AM
  3. NaviVoice v.8 PREVEIW!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 11:34 PM
  4. NaviVoice v.7 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:30 PM
  5. NaviVoice v.6 RELEASED!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 12:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •