Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Controlling Other apps???

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate Pokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    284
    I have a question concerning the ini file, i downloaded Valve's files as i am trying to do what he has almost figured out.. that is, running media engine via voice, and I ran across;

    program_title454=ThunderRT6UserControlDC
    program_title457=ThunderRT6UserControlDC
    program_title458=ThunderRT6UserControlDC
    program_title459=ThunderRT6UserControlDC

    What exactly is going on with this "ThunderRT6UserControlDC"?

    I have been doing alot of trial and error, but can't seem to figure this one out.

    Thanks...

  2. #12
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey
    I have a question concerning the ini file, i downloaded Valve's files as i am trying to do what he has almost figured out.. that is, running media engine via voice, and I ran across;

    program_title454=ThunderRT6UserControlDC
    program_title457=ThunderRT6UserControlDC
    program_title458=ThunderRT6UserControlDC
    program_title459=ThunderRT6UserControlDC

    What exactly is going on with this "ThunderRT6UserControlDC"?

    I have been doing alot of trial and error, but can't seem to figure this one out.

    Thanks...
    That's the class name. Use a windows spy to figure out the class name of mediaengine.

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    441
    Does that mean that in order to use frodoplayer and iguidance, I need to change the .ini from:
    ------------------------------
    program_name400_rout=c:\Program Files\Deluo\Routis\Routis.exe
    program_name400_ig=c:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe
    program_name400=C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe
    program_name406_FP=C:\Program Files\FrodoPlayer\FrodoPlayer.EXE
    program_name406=C:\Program Files\Road Runner\rr.exe
    ...
    program_title400_dest=ThunderRT6MDIForm
    program_title400_ig=IntellinavWCls
    program_title400=ThunderRT6MDIForm
    ------------------------------

    to simply

    ------------------------------
    program_name400=c:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe
    program_name406=C:\Program Files\FrodoPlayer\FrodoPlayer.EXE
    ...
    program_title400=IntellinavWCls
    ------------------------------

    ?
    A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

    My Ride
    My New Page

  4. #14
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxell
    Does that mean that in order to use frodoplayer and iguidance, I need to change the .ini from:
    ------------------------------
    program_name400_rout=c:\Program Files\Deluo\Routis\Routis.exe
    program_name400_ig=c:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe
    program_name400=C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe
    program_name406_FP=C:\Program Files\FrodoPlayer\FrodoPlayer.EXE
    program_name406=C:\Program Files\Road Runner\rr.exe
    ...
    program_title400_dest=ThunderRT6MDIForm
    program_title400_ig=IntellinavWCls
    program_title400=ThunderRT6MDIForm
    ------------------------------

    to simply

    ------------------------------
    program_name400=c:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe
    program_name406=C:\Program Files\FrodoPlayer\FrodoPlayer.EXE
    ...
    program_title400=IntellinavWCls
    ------------------------------

    ?
    Yes

  5. #15
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    441
    Sweet thanks. I had done the program_name stuff but didn't realize I had to change the program_title as well. The frodo stuff worked fine, but NV wouldn't do crap for iguidance. I'm guessing that this is why.

    As I noticed in another thread, saying "open navigation" will launch it separate from frodo. If I manually open iguidance embedded in frodo, can I still use the voice commands for it when it's within frodo like that? Or would I need to have it be its own window in order to use NV on iguidance?
    A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

    My Ride
    My New Page

  6. #16
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxell
    Sweet thanks. I had done the program_name stuff but didn't realize I had to change the program_title as well. The frodo stuff worked fine, but NV wouldn't do crap for iguidance. I'm guessing that this is why.

    As I noticed in another thread, saying "open navigation" will launch it separate from frodo. If I manually open iguidance embedded in frodo, can I still use the voice commands for it when it's within frodo like that? Or would I need to have it be its own window in order to use NV on iguidance?
    Depends on the version of FP. I think he changed some stuff in 1.1.

  7. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4
    Can some please post or email me the working INI and XML file for iguidance. As none of the commands i give it are working.
    thank you

  8. #18
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by VISRAY View Post
    Can some please post or email me the working INI and XML file for iguidance. As none of the commands i give it are working.
    thank you
    Thats because you have to configure the INI to point to iguidance and not map monkey as it points to now. IIRC its either entry 400 or 406. It should not have anything after the number except the = and the location.

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l View Post
    Thats because you have to configure the INI to point to iguidance and not map monkey as it points to now. IIRC its either entry 400 or 406. It should not have anything after the number except the = and the location.
    Thank you

  10. #20
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by VISRAY View Post
    Thank you
    No problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RR doesnt unload apps on close
    By Mad Ad in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 06:03 PM
  2. External Apps
    By netsuo in forum NeoCar Media Center
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 02:38 PM
  3. Maps from other Apps
    By xequtor in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 02:26 PM
  4. External Apps - Having Problems
    By RobIles in forum Media Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 01:38 PM
  5. external apps
    By reda4 in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 03:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •