Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: OLE error 8004503A

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Posts
    616

    OLE error 8004503A

    Ok, so I tried navivoice today as I think I would like to get something like this going on, but when I try to open navivoice it throws the error of OLE error 8004503A. I havn't messed with any of the settings prior to this, then I decided to take a look at the configure panel, some minor changes in there, but nothing that would effect that I wouldn't think, still doesn't work.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Do you have SAPI installed?

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Posts
    616
    hum, thats the voice interface with windows right? I went and clicked on speech in control panel and it started installing... which is bogus because I have used the speech before on this machine for relized voice, and it works within roadrunner... So the installation crashes looking for some msi file which I cannot find, so now I have no idea whats wrong with it.

  4. #4
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdlrn
    hum, thats the voice interface with windows right? I went and clicked on speech in control panel and it started installing... which is bogus because I have used the speech before on this machine for relized voice, and it works within roadrunner... So the installation crashes looking for some msi file which I cannot find, so now I have no idea whats wrong with it.
    Is your isntall nlited?
    I think windows comes with just speech output, not input. So you need to install SAPI.

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Posts
    616
    ya, sorry, I was just figuring that out... my dekstop here at home does have the input because I had relized voice, but it seems broken becaue I uninstalled realized voice a while ago... so that being said... where could I get sapi?

    oh, also, I don't have nlighted... its full xp pro... certain things arn't installed, but it is a full install other then like media pictures and games.

  6. #6
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdlrn
    ya, sorry, I was just figuring that out... my dekstop here at home does have the input because I had relized voice, but it seems broken becaue I uninstalled realized voice a while ago... so that being said... where could I get sapi?

    oh, also, I don't have nlighted... its full xp pro... certain things arn't installed, but it is a full install other then like media pictures and games.
    http://www.voiceguide.com/vgDownload.htm
    Get SAPI5.1.

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Posts
    616
    ok, downloaded that, installed it, and I'm having the same problem with speech profile... everytime I open speech to change properties its all like where is speechprofile.msi... I have searched my harddrive all over for this and don't have it... I'm not sure what to do from there...

  8. #8
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcdlrn
    ok, downloaded that, installed it, and I'm having the same problem with speech profile... everytime I open speech to change properties its all like where is speechprofile.msi... I have searched my harddrive all over for this and don't have it... I'm not sure what to do from there...
    Windows reinstall. Sounds like something is up with your windows.
    I didn't write SAPI, so I don't know

Similar Threads

  1. OLE Error C00Ce504 Getting this
    By HummDinger in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 12:14 PM
  2. OLE 8004503F Error
    By nappyjim in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 01:15 AM
  3. Bug Reports
    By frodobaggins in forum PV Bugs
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 12:01 AM
  4. Nederland ole ole
    By marsjell in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2001, 06:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •