I went over to try and run headunit for a day. That went pretty smooth. jbors PM'd me offering help, that was nice of him, so I thought I would try harder to get pycar working. I'll edit my first post with instructions when I'm done, in the meantime I'll post the bits as I do them:
- I decided against my "no patch pygame" policy. So I went backed out of the framebuffer idea, uninstalled debian's pygame package and went and got the source. I ened up with pygame-1.6.2 instead of 1.6, maybe that will bite me. The patch didn't apply cleanly, in fact I don't think it applied at all. What I mean is I think those changes are in the source for pygame-1.6.2 already. That would be good news, jbors, maybe the pygame people accepted your patch?
- compiling pygame complains about several libs so I went and installed lib-sdlttf-dev and such. pygame compiled and installed.
- When to run "python pycar.py", ARRGH! Another error. No such file or directory: 'skins/pycar.cfg'.
After some investigation and re-downloading pycar-18.104.22.168-pre2-src.tar.gz I discovered that the tar package HAS NO SKINS!!!! Are you kidding me? The package isn't even complete.
- I download the zip file 22.214.171.124-pre2.zip file, unzip it and copy it's skins directory to my pycar directory.
- Now I'm getting some locale problem. My LANG environment variable was set to en_US, I got this:
Any help would be appreciated.
headunit:~/pycar-1.2.3-pre2-src# python pycar.py
open /dev/sequencer: No such file or directory
Looking for translation file for language: ['en_US', 'en_gb']
!!!No translation file for en_US, see README file for more information
Falling back to english...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pycar.py", line 246, in ?
mainTest( s )
File "pycar.py", line 133, in mainTest
locale.setlocale( locale.LC_ALL, 'us' )
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/locale.py", line 381, in setlocale
return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting
Background tasker started
Background tasker stopped