Here's where all the feature requests need to go. I'm going to attempt to make my first sticky...
I will be adding requests to this post as new ones come in to help keep them all in one place.
And to start off the requests:
1. Cross Platform compile info - (Bugbyte)
2. Video Player - (Darque)
3. Ability to queue a new playlist or file (or add to the current playlist)
4. CD Player-like skip buttons
5. Hotkey and/or command line control - (Darque)
6. all manner of playlist control during playback would be nice. The ability to add tracks, remove tracks, save a playlist, shuffle, etc. - (Darque)
7. Fast Forward/Reverse controls for seeking through a song (meddler)
8. Database update status so you know when your playlist is done being updated (meddler)
9. Manual DB update button (meddler)
10. Keyword search in playlists and currently playing list (meddler)
11. Support for adding media to a playlist via USB stick (meddler)
12. Replacing _ in display names with a space (meddler)
Jesus... one day out and already asking for new features..... Awesome! :-D
How about making it cross-platform, since that's in the title? :-)
It actually does compile in linux, go try it. It only requires I think one source change to work (Having to do with linux having "/"'s after folders, and windows having "\''s)
Being as there's so many distros and versions out there, it's damn hard to support binaries for linux. I'll strive my best to make sure it always compiles though (sans .net support of course). Once I get the windows documentation together I will have compilation instructions for linux as well.
Oooh, maybe he's talking about Mac... ;)
Well you *might* be in luck, word has it that malcom picked up a mac mini from a buddy of his...
Along with Tidder's preparation of the morning meal, I would like to request that CarPal perform oral gratification on the driver, but only when parked. :p
A video player and playlist editor would be nice features, as well. ;)
Actually all manner of playlist control during playback would be nice.
Originally Posted by Tidder
The ability to add tracks, remove tracks, save a playlist, shuffle, etc.
Just so you know Bugbyte... as soon as I get a wireless card for my mac mini I will work on making this build on the mac :)
Depending on how windows-like the run environment is, I may even be able to provide binaries.