Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Anyone own a UMPC?

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9

    Smile

    I use a Samsung Q1 and RR.
    It work wery well, for me.

  2. #12
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Hey Carrypad-chippy, did u get a chance to make a vid yet?

    I was at BB the other day playing with the new Samsung UMPC and to be honest was quite disappointed in its performance with just windows. There was some serious lag with just dragging windows around the screen. Not sure what the deal was with that. It also took quite a while to launch media center, but not extremely long. On my computer it loads pretty much instantly.

    Still on the fence though until i can actually see RR running on one of these or something other type of app that acually gives me a since of how fast the pc is or isnt.

    In the mean time i got a ipod touch to hold me over for music while in the car.




    test edit..
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9
    wich model of Q1 you test ?
    I use a Q1P whit IntelŪ PentiumŪ M ULV Processor 723 (1GHz, 400MHz, 1MB)

  4. #14
    Newbie niccard007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Union City, CA.
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    Hey Carrypad-chippy, did u get a chance to make a vid yet?

    I was at BB the other day playing with the new Samsung UMPC and to be honest was quite disappointed in its performance with just windows. There was some serious lag with just dragging windows around the screen. Not sure what the deal was with that. It also took quite a while to launch media center, but not extremely long. On my computer it loads pretty much instantly.

    Still on the fence though until i can actually see RR running on one of these or something other type of app that acually gives me a since of how fast the pc is or isnt.

    In the mean time i got a ipod touch to hold me over for music while in the car.




    test edit..
    I just happened to run into this thread and I do have the Q1 with the 1gig processor, 1 gig ram. After reading this, I went and installed RR with IG 4.0 via bluetooth for testing and had no problems. This was running off the battery running at normal peformance. I had vista installed when I bought it, but found it to be too laggy. i reinstalled XP tablet and runs smooth as a 1.5 via mini itx. Just my 2 cents.... I think I will test it on max peformance and plugged in to really see it perform. I can shoot a video..but honestly I won't have time until this upcoming weekend to do that.. let me know...
    Project: 1998 BMW 323IC
    Installation: Never done

    VIA EPIA MII12000/1ghz Ram/7" lilli/M1-ATX/Leadtek BT GPS/Cisco 350 G PC Card/

  5. #15
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    105

    I have q1 umpc with xp tablet and rr running

    Anyway I can help??

  6. #16
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by niccard007 View Post
    I just happened to run into this thread and I do have the Q1 with the 1gig processor, 1 gig ram. After reading this, I went and installed RR with IG 4.0 via bluetooth for testing and had no problems. This was running off the battery running at normal peformance. I had vista installed when I bought it, but found it to be too laggy. i reinstalled XP tablet and runs smooth as a 1.5 via mini itx. Just my 2 cents.... I think I will test it on max peformance and plugged in to really see it perform. I can shoot a video..but honestly I won't have time until this upcoming weekend to do that.. let me know...
    Yeah, those things running vista are a definite no-go...



    Rafster

  7. #17
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by niccard007 View Post
    I just happened to run into this thread and I do have the Q1 with the 1gig processor, 1 gig ram. After reading this, I went and installed RR with IG 4.0 via bluetooth for testing and had no problems. This was running off the battery running at normal peformance. I had vista installed when I bought it, but found it to be too laggy. i reinstalled XP tablet and runs smooth as a 1.5 via mini itx. Just my 2 cents.... I think I will test it on max peformance and plugged in to really see it perform. I can shoot a video..but honestly I won't have time until this upcoming weekend to do that.. let me know...
    that sounds good to me, i can wait. Max performance would be closer to a real world setup.
    Even though im kind of leaning towards a different type of setup, i still want to get a UMPC.

    Thanks in advance for the video.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13
    Liquid smoke.

    I've just complete the PC Nav review with the Raon Digital Everun and there's a short section on Road Runner.

    Details here.
    http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/ne...hp?storyid=975

    Regards
    Steve.
    UMPCPortal.com
    UMPC product information portal.

  9. #19
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by carrypad-chippy View Post
    Liquid smoke.

    I've just complete the PC Nav review with the Raon Digital Everun and there's a short section on Road Runner.

    Details here.
    http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/ne...hp?storyid=975

    Regards
    Steve.
    That's pretty cool .. I liked that PC Nav thing (had never seen it), anyway, you can exclude the area of the GPS from accepting gestures (so only the GPS uses it). You can also clip the area of the GPS so it doesn't flash when you click on road runner itself..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  10. #20
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by carrypad-chippy View Post
    Liquid smoke.

    I've just complete the PC Nav review with the Raon Digital Everun and there's a short section on Road Runner.

    Details here.
    http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/ne...hp?storyid=975

    Regards
    Steve.
    nice vids, im actually pleasantly surprised at how good it ran RR. The gps app looked pretty cool also.

    Thanks for making the vids, it def gives me a point of reference to go by.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The UMPC dies. And no one notices.
    By CarlB in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
  2. Asus R2H UMPC
    By htsource in forum Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, UMPCs, etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM
  4. Streetdeck on v7110 UMPC?
    By rniedzial in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
  5. Using UMPC as a carputer
    By sqesy in forum Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, UMPCs, etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 04:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •