Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: RR 09-30-2007 ... HD Radio & some more..

  1. #51
    Maximum Bitrate TimmyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
    Sweet! Glad I could help.
    BTW, did you set localdatacaptureinterval back to 1?
    nope, haven't yet anyway. Actually I'm not sure what it's set at now, what ever is set when you run the install. what does that do?

  2. #52
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    RUN THE NEW CONFIG UTIL!! Will solve just about all those!
    It works!!! Thank you!

  3. #53
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyM View Post
    nope, haven't yet anyway. Actually I'm not sure what it's set at now, what ever is set when you run the install. what does that do?
    It just tells RR how often to update the local data.
    MSI K9N6GM
    1 gig RAM
    8" Lilliput
    Onstar GPS mod
    XM
    Visteon HDZ300

  4. #54
    Maximum Bitrate crooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    467
    I have a small problem with the new release. I updated from the 4/7/07 version and my album art no longer works. The Art.jpg file still gets created in the RR directory, but nothing is shown on the skin. The code works fine in 4/7/07.

    I used the newest RRConfig release 1.0.0.5. All my album art includes both directory (album) art as well as embedded ID3v2 art.

    UPDATE: The album art works in the 9-2-07 version too. But transparentvisu seems to only work with the 9-30-07 version. I'm using Sexy Attached Analyzer.

  5. #55
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10
    So what's the deal with HD Radio?

    MJS's site doesn't appear to have any cable for sale or software details.

    What about this guy's stuff: http://hd-radio.home.comcast.net/

    And if anyone has integrated with one of these after-market HD radio units into RR, I'd love to see some pics and screenshots.

    Thanks

  6. #56
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Well, I have played with HD Radio over an online streaming from it.. if you're looking to add radio to your carpc, this is definitely a great option which includes AM (also with HD and RDS)... the audio quality is the biggest thing.. in any case, it seems this guy's stuff should be similar to Mitch's cable/software, with the difference this guy is charging for the software and Mitch actually made the software/interface and provides it to us for free.. The current radio screen works with the HD radio and provides all features, but more information can be shown on it (HD logo indicator and sub channels artist/title info), but it's the same "familiar" radio screen provided with most skins.

    Quote Originally Posted by somejarhead View Post
    So what's the deal with HD Radio?

    MJS's site doesn't appear to have any cable for sale or software details.

    What about this guy's stuff: http://hd-radio.home.comcast.net/

    And if anyone has integrated with one of these after-market HD radio units into RR, I'd love to see some pics and screenshots.

    Thanks
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  7. #57
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    There's nothing changed with the album art support in RR itself.. if the art file is being created, then RR should be displaying it -- I would click on the file to see if the file itself is changing to the current album art.. and if not the plugin may not be working right, I also posted a "BETA" mp3art plugin in the Freedom skin's thead you could try. If anything, make me a debug log file so we can see if the plugin is loading correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by crooper View Post
    I have a small problem with the new release. I updated from the 4/7/07 version and my album art no longer works. The Art.jpg file still gets created in the RR directory, but nothing is shown on the skin. The code works fine in 4/7/07.

    I used the newest RRConfig release 1.0.0.5. All my album art includes both directory (album) art as well as embedded ID3v2 art.

    UPDATE: The album art works in the 9-2-07 version too. But transparentvisu seems to only work with the 9-30-07 version. I'm using Sexy Attached Analyzer.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  8. #58
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053
    Anyone has problem playing with the source code?

    I try to compile the code, but it throw me an error regarding to HD radio stuff and stop at this line.
    Code:
    'HD Radio Control
    Public WithEvents oHD As HDRadio
    Where can I download the HDRadioComm.tlb file?
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  9. #59
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixPC View Post
    Anyone has problem playing with the source code?

    I try to compile the code, but it throw me an error regarding to HD radio stuff and stop at this line.
    Code:
    'HD Radio Control
    Public WithEvents oHD As HDRadio
    Where can I download the HDRadioComm.tlb file?
    That file is created when you execute "runme1st.bat" in the HD Radio folder provided with the binary package.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  10. #60
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,255
    lets clear up a few things

    MJS's site doesn't appear to have any cable for sale or software details.
    Im not 100% ready, + i have made more improvements to it.
    pm or email me, if u want to early adopt



    What about this guy's stuff: http://hd-radio.home.comcast.net/
    HE STOLE my code, i asked him to write a RR plugin, before i got a hold of GUINO, and he produced some code, sent it to me, it didnt work... then the next thing i know he is selling my code!!! yea, the app is his, but the .dll is mine, i downloaded his "updates" and looked at it, it does reference my DLL... maybe he should have asked me!

    On another note, i got some news that Directed might be dropping the HDRadio...
    here is what i think about HDRADIO, it SOUNDS great, it has its problems... mostly messing up people's reception of REGUALR AM radio (and that causes letters to FCC)
    also, why we(usa) went with this proprietary format instead DAB ill never know..
    oh wait prob to make 1 company some $$$ and i think they are loosing money, but u know someones pockets are getting lined! anyway prob after JAN2008 things will shape up, HDRadio might go away completely, since its not very well accepted by consumers.
    jan08 is when an agreement with ibiquity expires....

    sorry for the HDRadio offtopic rant... in anycase BOY does it sound good, blows AM/FM away and SAT Radio FAR away(not that that was hard to do)
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Similar Threads

  1. HD Radio
    By pcullin in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM
  2. RR + Mediaengine - Tv + FM radio ??!?!?!
    By 12345car in forum Newbie
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 08:13 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:42 AM
  4. Problem with ITPS / hibernation and External USB HD
    By veetid in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
  5. Radio for RR in CH
    By johnwrx in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 04:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •